Nonsuch in-catchment scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
far

Re: Nonsuch in-catchment scores

Post by far »

looking4feed- yes we are in catchment.but there are 15 ring-fenced places in order of highest score to those whose permanent place of residence is such that they would pay their Council Tax to the London Borough of Sutton.you might get the place under this section if you live in Sutton.
Last edited by far on Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
looking4feed

Post by looking4feed »

Far - I am wondering do you know -15 ring-fenced places , i cant find those.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

looking4feed wrote:Far - I am wondering do you know -15 ring-fenced places , i cant find those.
Do you reside in the London Borough of Sutton? If so, you will be automatically eligible for the ring-fenced places. A large chunk of the Nonsuch IC catchment falls outside of London Borough of Sutton, so they have allocated 15 ring fenced places to ensure they don't end up with all pupils from outside of the borough.

Here's what it says in the Nonsuch 2021 admissions document:

15 ring-fenced places in order of highest score to those whose permanent place of
residence on 31 October 2020 (the closing date for submitting the Common
Application Form within the Pan-London Co-ordinated Secondary Admissions
Scheme) is such that their parent/carer pays/would pay their Council Tax to the
London Borough of Sutton. See definition of “home address” in paragraph 5.2.4
above. If parents/carers plan to move house after the Common Application Form
(CAF) has been submitted, they will need to check with the local authority they are
moving into as to the latest date they can make a change to their CAF in order for
the new address to be used for the allocation of places. Documentary evidence will
be required by the Local AuthorityHere's what it says in the Nonsuch 2021 admissions document:
looking4feed

Post by looking4feed »

Thank you Golden75. I thought ring fenced means who are living edges(border) of Sutton council and paying council tax to Sutton.
far

Post by far »

hi, does anyone has update about the lowest score IC lowest score. I still waiting .
Jasmine14

Post by Jasmine14 »

far wrote:hi, does anyone has update about the lowest score IC lowest score. I still waiting .
I am not entirely sure about lowest IC, but my friends DD received an offer from Nonsuch last week. The DD score was 265 but she came under the ring fenced criteria and she was never told a waiting list number, got the offer straight from council and then followed by an email from school.

Hope this helps.
far

Post by far »

thanks Jasmine14. just wondering does DD have any chance?
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

far wrote: just wondering does DD have any chance?
Hi Far, there is definitely still a chance for your DD, in previous years there has been WL movement up till September. Do you know if your DD's place on the WL has moved at all? There's been some movement on the Tiffin WL, that usually trickles down and creates movement on the Nonsuch WL. Also independent schools are doing their onsite viewings later this year due to covid, so there will be parents who are still holding on to state and private places.

What's the school that your DD has been offered like? I have 4 DC's, all got offered different secondary schools for various reasons and all I can say is that each school has some pros and cons and a clever child will do well at any school. Try to focus on the positives of the school that your DD has been given even if it seems hard to do. My oldest DC was offered a place at a school that at the time was in special measures and had a poor reputation, but he thrived at the school and has done really well for himself and made some lovely friends- he's flown the nest now, but we sometimes still laugh about how much we worried about him going to that school and in hindsight we can see that all the worry was for nothing.
far

Post by far »

Hi Golden75. I am not aware of WL movment. hopfully we will hear the WL movment soon. Unfortunatly she doent have a secure place yet as we decline the offer. she is on the WL on various schools but her best position on WL is Nonsuch.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Hi Far,
What will you do if she doesn’t get a waiting list place?
Have you got a private back up?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now