The Tiffin Girls’ School - 2021 allocations and waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MumDG2021

Re: The Tiffin Girls’ School - 2021 allocations and waiting

Post by MumDG2021 »

Have you still not heard back from school?[/quote]

Nope. Council said there is 4 to 5 days lag in sorting the emails from school and asked to wait to hear by End of the week.

School mentioned that they have sent out all the waitlist email to Parents. If you haven't received one wait for news from council.

Its a long wait.
4Mum4

Post by 4Mum4 »

We have 101.4 and we are number 27 on the waiting list.

I'm guessing if anyone hasn't received their waiting list position despite asking for it, that may be because the school has made an offer to the local authority and you just haven't received it yet?
catcool

Post by catcool »

MumDG2021 wrote:
catcool wrote:
MumDG2021 wrote:We haven't received any update yet(105.1). Called Surrey council and they confirmed that they haven't received any update. I am worried. Sent an email out to school. Fingers crossed.
What is your post code in Surrey ?
TW15
I think Surrey Admissions are working from home so probably a bit behind.
Jasmine14

Post by Jasmine14 »

I also think if you haven't heard about waiting list position then likely the offer should be on its way. I guess for everyone else probably after Easter? Maybe?
Schulte

Post by Schulte »

Just wanted to reassure you - if a girl with a lower score has received an offer then your DD will too, it's just stuck in transit. I found last year that the Surrey school admissions team is a bit slower, perhaps understandably as they have to cover such a big area with I don't know how many schools in Surrey. I am sure if you have emailed the school's admissions office, they will reply soon to confirm an offer has been made to your DD. If you're really worried and can't wait, you could try the Kingston council school admissions team. The way it works is: The school tells Kingston council that a place has become available for your DD. Kingston then tells your local authority to make your DD an offer. That's where the delay is. Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone!
MumDG2021

Post by MumDG2021 »

Finally got confirmation from school that offer been made to Local council.

Congratulations to all the girls who has received an offer.

Good luck to all the girls who's on the waitlist.

Thanks Stroller and everyone for setting up this forum.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Delighted to hear the good news, gv0019, MumDG2021 and WParkMum. I hope your girls will be very happy at the school. Please stay involved with the forum and share your experience with others.

PlusSize_Dad, being on #4 is almost there. Likewise, Jasmine14, based on historical trends, being on #6 should be very encouraging. 4Mum4, even at #27, I wouldn’t abandon hope yet, some years the list moves that far.

Welcome to HWX.

cl_mom888, is your DD also on the waiting list for TGS?

Have you all accepted a different school for now?

Anyone else want to get involved? The wait is more fun if you have company. :lol:
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
4Mum4

Post by 4Mum4 »

Thanks Stroller. Yes we’ve accepted Wallington Girls which we and DD are very happy with so the TGS waiting list movement doesn’t really matter too much for us.
ATk2020

Post by ATk2020 »

Congratulations to all girls who have received offers.

My DD is currently on waiting list #12, is this on a borderline hope? I am guessing if the offer ever goes down to this list, it will be in Summer?

Anyone with an offer able to advise if there are any known events e.g. parents meeting or induction day being scheduled prior to Summer break? It will be useful to know so that those who then get late offer have an idea if they have missed these events or not.

Many thanks.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Thanks, Jasmine14, for updating the list. I’ve updated it again and split it.

Offered:
107.2 this year’s cut-off score
107.1 gv0019’s DD
106.3 Friend of MumDG2021’s DD
105.1 MumDG2021’s DD
105 WParkMum

Waiting:
103.9 PlusSize_Dad #4
103.9 Jasmine14 #6
103.5 HWX #11
????? ATk2020 #12
101.4 4Mum4 #27
101 - confusedsw

ATk2020, what’s your daughter’s score?

Also, do we have any whose daughters scored 104.something?
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.