Nonsuch and Wallington waitinglist movement.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mothika

Nonsuch and Wallington waitinglist movement.

Post by mothika »

Hi,

We live in outer catchment for both girls grammar schools in Sutton. my DD passed stage two test for both the schools and we didn't get offer and she is in waiting list for both the schools.

1.While she is in waiting list if we move to one of the catchment area will it make any changes to her waiting list position?

2.Does anybody have any past experience where they moved from outside catchment to inside catchment for Wallington/Nonsuch while their child was in waiting list?
thanks.....
Meredusoleil

Re: Nonsuch and Wallington waitinglist movement.

Post by Meredusoleil »

This is what we were planning to do last year. But covid hit and we decided we really didn't want to move out of our current area just for dd1's education. So we stayed put and had to decline our WL offer from Wallington which came in April.
Meredusoleil

Post by Meredusoleil »

But yes. I would assume you would definitely go up the WL if you move to within catchment. We only considered it once the offer had been made. But it wasn't meant to be!
Meredusoleil

Post by Meredusoleil »

Also just remembered they have more than 1 WL at both these schools. 1 is for the top scoring girls regardless of distance (top 85 Nonsuch and top 100 Wallington). Then they have another WL for in catchment girls. So if you moved there, you would go on both WL!
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

But if you move out of catchment from the school you have been allocated you are not guaranteed to keep that place.
This happened to a friend of mine.
She sent the school her change of address which was outside catchment prior to starting year 7 and lost the school place.
Also by the time you move no guarantee the waiting list will move so quite a risky strategy.
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

My understanding is that the IC WL moves slower than the OOC WL as girls living IC are more likely to accept the offer. You need to think about what will happen if you move IC and you don't secure a place at the grammars from WL- you are unlikely to get a place at a good comp as they are heavily oversubscribed in this area. I know several friends of my DD who have not been offered any of their preferred schools and have been allocated places at schools miles away as the comps in the area are oversubscribed.
Allegras

Post by Allegras »

So someone from Hounslow area(OCC) got into Wallington Girls with 301 from waiting list today. Just to give an update to those who are waiting. There must be movement in the waiting list since local girls also have been offered place today as well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now