Wallington Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Twilight80

Re: Wallington Waiting list

Post by Twilight80 »

Hi , has anyone received any update from Wallington School ?
tootingmum01

Post by tootingmum01 »

For those waiting,wl=6 offered yesterday evening for my ds.Heard up till 7 offered yesterday.1 to 3 offered the day before.
Bojack

Post by Bojack »

Contacted WCGS today. 5 offers were made from the WL before Easter. 5 Offers now being made that came from declines over the Easter holiday.

In addition, 1 late applicant who went straight in at number 1 on the WL a few wks ago, then declined the offer (this is quite often a way of getting leverage to negotiate private school fees down).

So, my Son's position on the WL has gone down by 10, from his original position.
Twilight80

Post by Twilight80 »

Congratulations tootingmum01 :) .... What is the deadline for you to confirm back to School ? Just trying to figure out about the next round of offer.

I received email from school yesterday and my son's position has also gone down by 10 in the waiting list.
tootingmum01

Post by tootingmum01 »

Congratulations tootingmum01 :) .... What is the deadline for you to confirm back to School ? Just trying to figure out about the next round of offer.

I received email from school yesterday and my son's position has also gone down by 10 in the waiting list.
Thanks Twilight80.This was a call from school.Now the school would have informed the council.I am asked to wait for the council to send an offer letter after which I should respond in 10 days.The offer letter from council could take a couple of days.I am hoping to receive it sometime next week ✌
I will give them a call today.
Twilight80

Post by Twilight80 »

Thanks tootingmum01 .... Indeed , it is a very long procedure. :)
tootingmum01

Post by tootingmum01 »

Taken by surprise .Got email from council now and accepted the offer.Not sure what happens next.Probably might receive call from school.Will let the other school know so someone can take the previously offered place.
AJsurrey

Post by AJsurrey »

Twilight80 wrote:Congratulations tootingmum01 :) .... What is the deadline for you to confirm back to School ? Just trying to figure out about the next round of offer.

Hello Twilight80

Just to double check have you received an updated email from the school re the waiting list position since the first one that was sent out on the 16th March.
Thanks
AJsurrey

Post by AJsurrey »

tootingmum01 wrote:Taken by surprise .Got email from council now and accepted the offer.Not sure what happens next.Probably might receive call from school.Will let the other school know so someone can take the previously offered place.
Congratulations tootingmum! Must be such a huge relief
Twilight80

Post by Twilight80 »

Hi , yeah We received email from school yesterday stating new rank position.