NonSuch High Offer holders information

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Golden75

Re: NonSuch High Offer holders information

Post by Golden75 »

The email is from GLT Admissions, received Friday afternoon. Here’s the email:
Dear Parents and Carers,

Due to the continuing situation with the pandemic and in light of government guidance, we, along with Sutton schools have now decided that we are unable to offer a “live” induction day this year. I know your daughter will be disappointed by this news, as are we.

We are arranging a series of communications to you and your daughter, including a magazine and letter from current Year 7 and detailed information for parents.

We will instead be having a virtual transition programme and will be putting resources on our school website in due course. We will notify parents and students when these are available. We will also endeavour to run a full induction on our first day back to school in September, in order to support your daughter’s transition into school.
Hmmm

Post by Hmmm »

Thanks a lot, Golden75! If I would not read your post, my DD and I would come to Wally Girls on Wednesday...
Donnab

Post by Donnab »

Golden75 wrote:Just re-read the email, there isn't an online induction either, the school will post a newsletter and will be putting resources on the school website! They hope to host the induction day in September which kind of defeats the purpose. Such a shame, my dd doesn't know anybody else going to Wally girls and is nervous about the move to big school.
Dear Golden 75 my DD started at Wallington last September, also a virtual induction beforehand, but the year 7 induction pack was a good help with lots of practical tips! She is shy and didn’t know anyone and must say despite the stop/ start of the year, it’s been a really smooth transition. She made friends so quickly and they are all great girls, very supportive as are the older girls. She’s also met girls travelling on the train. Despite the challenges it’s been a success and I’m sure it will be for your daughter too. Hopefully this can provide some reassurance.
Hmmm

Post by Hmmm »

Donnab wrote:
Golden75 wrote:Just re-read the email, there isn't an online induction either, the school will post a newsletter and will be putting resources on the school website! They hope to host the induction day in September which kind of defeats the purpose. Such a shame, my dd doesn't know anybody else going to Wally girls and is nervous about the move to big school.
Dear Golden 75 my DD started at Wallington last September, also a virtual induction beforehand, but the year 7 induction pack was a good help with lots of practical tips! She is shy and didn’t know anyone and must say despite the stop/ start of the year, it’s been a really smooth transition. She made friends so quickly and they are all great girls, very supportive as are the older girls. She’s also met girls travelling on the train. Despite the challenges it’s been a success and I’m sure it will be for your daughter too. Hopefully this can provide some reassurance.
Do you remember when you got this Induction pack and Virtual induction? I still have not had any communication from school/admission team through email and worry that my DD is missing it out .
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Thank you for your reassuring post Donnab! I'm glad to hear that your dd has settled in well despite no on-site induction day last year, I hope my dd will have an equally smooth transition :D .

Hmmm- I haven't received any information regarding the virtual induction yet, so you haven't missed out on anything (unless we have both missed the communication!). My dd is really eager to hear something, as all her friends at school who are going to our local comp have been told their year groups and have received lots of information. I will let you know once I hear more from Wally girls, hopefully soon....At least the uniform fitting appointment went ahead last week as planned and trying on the uniform has definitely got her excited!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now