Tiffin Boys 2019 wait list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
safaristar2

Tiffin Boys 2019 wait list

Post by safaristar2 »

Hi! We have just got my son's scores from the Tiffin entrance exam. His combined score is 102. We live in the inner priority area.

The email says that the lowest combined score currently filling the 180th place is 105.

Does anyone have any idea of wait list numbers?
What's the likelihood of my son being made an offer from a wait list? Has he any chance do you think, or should we prepare ourselves for going to a different school?

Thanks!
mrsnoname

Re: Tiffin Boys 2019 wait list

Post by mrsnoname »

Hello, last year there were many rounds of offers even up to September and beyond. If I remember correctly parents did state what the scores of their DSs were once offers were made and accepted. Try and find those threads and you'll be able to gauge how far off your DS may be this year. I would expect that being 3 marks away from the 180th place and in the inner priority area is a good position to be - good luck!!
safaristar2

Post by safaristar2 »

Thanks! Yes, fingers crossed!

His score sounds decent, but presume loads of boys could have scored the same as him at 102, or higher even at 103 and 104?! How do they rank them within these scores? Is it done on distance, or are all within the priority area treated the same?
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Hello, you have high chances of getting a placein Tiffin. My son got 100 and I am not sure, would it be possible for him to get a place or not but goodluck to all who are waiting. It is hard for kids to get no place after passing all the exams.
mrsnoname

Post by mrsnoname »

Below is a link to the general Tiffin School's selection criteria. I presume the same rules will be followed once places free up and they start making new offers. Check out pages 4 and 5.

http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/_docs/adm ... 202019.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
safaristar2

Post by safaristar2 »

Well done to your son - they've all done so well to even get to this stage haven't they? It is frustrating though to get so close, and to be left wondering if it will become and option or not. I know they can work down the wait list as late as into the new school year, but not sure I could deal with leaving it as late as that and having to change schools... Until they give an indicator of wait list numbers, I think it's too hard to gauge it. There could be a hundred boys who scored 104, in which case my son's score of 102 won't mean anything!! It does seem they allocate on distance if scores equal, so that should help in our case... will just have to wait patiently and see!
mrsnoname

Post by mrsnoname »

Please also factor in that not all boys in the waiting list will take up Tiffin's offer. The various combinations of distance, contemplating offers made by other super selectives and independent schools are just endless...
Boyandgirl

Post by Boyandgirl »

In the same boat as others. Combined score of 103 and eager to know the waiting list position but have to wait until Easter. We are going to accept the place that we have been offered which is a comprehensive and be in the waiting list for others. Hoping to get our first Preference Tiffin Boys. Fingers crossed.

This forum has been so helpful to find the waiting list position movement for the last 2 years. Kudos to the forum admins to make the forum successful and a true source of information during these stressful times.
safaristar2

Post by safaristar2 »

Good luck to you BoyandGirl - hang in there for the wait list news at Easter time!
tiffinboys121

Post by tiffinboys121 »

Hi! my son combined score is 105. We live in the inner priority area and Tiffin as our first preference. hoping, we will get the offer.
@safaristar2 : I have seen last year threads, someone got offered on score 102 and last year the combined was 107.You have a very good chance of getting the place.

Stay Positive.
Good Luck to Everyone.