Are there Wally girls parents (uniform question)?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hmmm

Are there Wally girls parents (uniform question)?

Post by Hmmm »

Hello,

We've finally received a proper Welcome letter from the school, including uniform list and I just wonder if all these items are necessary. Do we really need to buy football boots and sheen pads? Do girls need to have PE shorts AND PE skort? Do we really need a leotard? Is the school really strict if there is a logo on winter coat?

Thanks in advance!
hermanmunster

Re: Are there Wally girls parents (uniform question)?

Post by hermanmunster »

on the website it says that the leotard is optional and that the winter coat should have "No fur trimming, denim, logos or decorations"
Hmmm

Post by Hmmm »

hermanmunster wrote:on the website it says that the leotard is optional and that the winter coat should have "No fur trimming, denim, logos or decorations"
yes, I know, but I would like to hear from personal experience. To find a winter coat (waterproof and windproof) with no logo will be a challenge. And football boots - are they really needed?? As an example, I have a son in Wally Boys and I could tell what was not necessary to buy, even if it was on the list.
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

No!

Girls will need football boots and shin pads (and a mouth guard) at some point in the year, but I'd hold off buying them until you know when they do hockey/football - DD (now year 9) didn't need them till after October half term, and the teacher was OK with trainers for the first lesson. DD only wears the skort, not the shorts, you definitely don't need both.

Leotard entirely unnecessary, unless she's really into dance or gym and might be in the displays.

They're fairly strict on coats, but we found a decent warm & waterproof black coat with no logo in Sports Direct of all places.

Feel free to tell me what we don't need for Wally Boys, child #2 is off there in September!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now