Tiffin Girls 2021 stage 1- sitting info/test expectations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Samurai

Re: Tiffin Girls 2021 stage 1- sitting info/test expectation

Post by Samurai »

Tiffins Stage 1 Sitting info mails have started arriving. Interesting to note that they have kept face masks mandatory for the children at all times except during the test when its optional.

@no_stress were you able to sort out the SIF issue with them ?
no_stress

Post by no_stress »

@Samurai, no luck, they've been really inflexible, just repeating their admissions policy to me and telling me they do advise parents to send tracked delivery and that sending out reminders is not included in the admissions policy hence I can't complain that others were notified and we weren't. On the plus side, their cold attitude has put me off the school, it will be their loss.
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

@No_stress sorry to hear about this. In this age one would think electronic copies would be sufficient as with many other grammar schools going for electronic version of pictures etc. In fact, based on what I have heard , I dont think even Tiffin Boys have this process of posting hard copy. Its disappointing to hear. Anyways hope you get a great school. All the best.
telus

Post by telus »

First stage details arrived on Friday last week by email. But limited simply to logistics.

I would still be interested people with people's views on my 2nd and 3rd questions in my original post, namely:
2. Any view on the typical number of questions / time allotted to each of the English and Maths MC papers?
3. In reality, should the Maths MC paper be better described as 'computer read' since its seems that questions may not have discrete choices, instead numerical answers are marked on an answer paper that can be read by a computer?
Thanks in advance to all responses
telus

Post by telus »

I wanted to share that the stage 1 result - at least for those that sat it on 30th Sept / 1st October are now out.
Good luck to everyone
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now