Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:34 pm 

Hello all, I need a little advice on my case. I am posting here because I tried reaching the school and there is radio silence.

My daughter sat for SET on the 14th of September. Since then, she's been extremely upset about the experience she had during the exam.

Being left-handed, she needs some extra space for rough work while solving maths problems. She asked for some sheets for working but was refused by the invigilators in the hall.

While doing her exam, flipping sheets, and trying to find space for her rough work, she started marking questions wrong on the answer sheet. By the time she realized this, it was time to submit the paper. Being a very good maths student, she was expecting good results for herself. She did not clear the 1st stage just by a couple of marks.

For 1st stage, there is no clear information given on the website that the candidate should only work on her question paper. For the 2nd stage, they have mentioned that if the candidate needs extra sheets, they'll provide them.

I have emailed the school and they haven't replied. Can anyone please suggest, what can be done in this scenario?

Many thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:04 pm 

Sorry to hear this.. By no means I am an expert on this subject.. but my understanding from general research is that you will need to appeal the decision. You can only do so after the National Offer Day (1st March 2022). Despite the fact that your DD wasn't invited to the second stage, you will still have to name your target grammar schools on the CAF and have been refused the place/s, before you can appeal. There is a separate forum on this site for appeals - so I would suggest you also ask there.

Best wishes!