NonSuch - Out of Catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GL2022

NonSuch - Out of Catchment

Post by GL2022 »

Hi Friends,

We live in Langley(Berkshire). If DD gets a good score for NWSSEE, Do we need to move by Oct 31st into catchment or can we apply for CAF staying in Langely ( like Henrietta Barnett)?
What is the distance, we should be looking, if we have to move?
Many thanks in advance
Oneoftwothings

Re: NonSuch - Out of Catchment

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Definitely get this confirmed, because I have not been through this myself, but my understanding is you have until sometime in December to alter your application with a new address. In catchment is within 5km.

I believe if you move after that date in December, you wouldn’t be considered in catchment for offer day in March, but you could still give your new address and go on the waiting list as an in-catchment application (this is worth getting verified too).

Girls do get told their score when results come out in a week or two, and the schools publish data on what scores have got in from OOC and IC from previous years, so you will be able to get a good idea from this whether you can be hopeful of an OOC place and take more time with the move.

Hope that helps.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The admissions criteria are here. It appears that some places are allocated regardless of address, to the top 85 scorers.
5.2.2 85 places on the basis of the score in the Entrance Tests in order of highest score,
irrespective of home address.
scary mum
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

http://www.nonsuchschool.org/uploads/as ... pdated.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Page 4, clause 5.2.4
"Up to 110 places linked to our catchment area circle. This will be in order of highest
score to those whose permanent place of residence on 31 October 2021 (the
deadline for submission of the Common Application Form) is 5.25 km or less from
the front door of Nonsuch measured in a straight line. "
My reading of this is - the address considered will be what your permanent address is on 31 October 2021.
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

It also says “If parents/carers plan to move house after the Common Application Form (CAF) has been submitted, they will need to check with the local authority they are moving into as to the latest date they can make a change to their CAF in order for the new address to be used for the allocation of places. Documentary evidence will be required by the Local Authority.”

So you’ll need to check the dates with the council once you know where you are moving to. I think Sutton is early December.
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

Oneoftwothings wrote:It also says “If parents/carers plan to move house after the Common Application Form (CAF) has been submitted, they will need to check with the local authority they are moving into as to the latest date they can make a change to their CAF in order for the new address to be used for the allocation of places. Documentary evidence will be required by the Local Authority.”
Maybe I am missing something. CAF closes 31 Oct. Nonsuch accepts address as at 31 Oct. Any offer of place arising out of house movement after this date is open to challenge.

Or there are different rules.
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

2020D2022S wrote:
Oneoftwothings wrote:It also says “If parents/carers plan to move house after the Common Application Form (CAF) has been submitted, they will need to check with the local authority they are moving into as to the latest date they can make a change to their CAF in order for the new address to be used for the allocation of places. Documentary evidence will be required by the Local Authority.”
Maybe I am missing something. CAF closes 31 Oct. Nonsuch accepts address as at 31 Oct. Any offer of place arising out of house movement after this date is open to challenge.

Or there are different rules.
Yes there is a provision for late application of CAF for genuine reason in some councils. Provisions and dates depends on council. Late applications of CAF are accepted by some councils with a reason of moving address. You will need to check with your new council for late application dates but usually its in December.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The school determines the admissions policy but it is the LA policy which details how it is implemented. In this case it is the LA who decides the final date to accept on time applications.

Sutton coordinated arrangements are here https://www.sutton.gov.uk/download/down ... 2-2023.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xposted with Samurai
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

The Sutton council website says there is no guarantee the new address will be used and each change of address will be looked at individually; it isn’t something I would personally risk.

Also cross-posted :D
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

mitasol wrote:The school determines the admissions policy but it is the LA policy which details how it is implemented. In this case it is the LA who decides the final date to accept on time applications.

Sutton coordinated arrangements are here https://www.sutton.gov.uk/download/down ... 2-2023.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xposted with Samurai
Thanks for the link.

Page 7,
31. This LA will, on 1 March 2022, send by first class post notification of the outcome to
resident applicants where online applications have not been made. Online applicants will
be notified of outcomes on the evening of 16 April 2022.
Typo?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now