Likely timing of second stage results (Nonsuch/Wallington)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Golden75

Re: Likely timing of second stage results (Nonsuch/Wallingto

Post by Golden75 »

Sdan79 wrote: - Are the scores this year (e.g, max 393, min of 217) comparable to the standardised scores in previous years?
The scores seem higher and lower respectively compared to previous years. Does the letter tell you how many dds passed the 2nd test? Maybe more dds passed this year than previously, or maybe the distribution of scores is just wider this year for no specific reason.
liond9514

Post by liond9514 »

the distribution of the marks is the key metric to determine seat availability. if there are any public anomalous mark entries with no names that would be helpful.
Upset Dad

Post by Upset Dad »

Golden75 wrote:The scores seem higher and lower respectively compared to previous years. Does the letter tell you how many dds passed the 2nd test? Maybe more dds passed this year than previously, or maybe the distribution of scores is just wider this year for no specific reason.
No, the letter is silent on how many passed. But, I'm sure someone will FOI soon.. as invariably has happened in most years.

Also, the higher and lower are very close to the Sep 2020 intake. It was 222 and 392 on that occasion, compared to 217 and 393 this time round.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... Aliyev.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The only change of note for that year was that Nonsuch had a higher intake of 240 instead of 210. Would suspect that means that the cutoffs can be very close to the 2020 cutoffs, probably slightly higher.
Upset Dad

Post by Upset Dad »

liond9514 wrote:the distribution of the marks is the key metric to determine seat availability. if there are any public anomalous mark entries with no names that would be helpful.
In all previous years, there have been FOIs made on Nonsuch and such information has been provided by the school.

For example,

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... _for_the_s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Upset Dad

Post by Upset Dad »

Sdan79 wrote:My daughter's scored 352 and we are in the catchment area. Am new to the forum so apologies if the questions are daft/have been answered elsewhere.

Could I please check -
- Is this the only score that matters or is there a breakup between maths and english which will determine offers?
- I can see some historical scores for offers on this forum but not sure what is the source. Are these official information i.e. from the schools?
- Are the scores this year (e.g, max 393, min of 217) comparable to the standardised scores in previous years?
With that score, you probably have nothing to worry! Congratulations.

To your questions,
1. This is the only score that matters
2. They are from school. The Schools also regularly provide a distribution of scores with number of children getting a score every year, usually in response to FOI requests. I have referenced one such report in my previous note.. Also the schools provide a cut off for admissions as of March (National Offer Day) and as at September (to take into account how waiting lists move).
3. In my opinion scores for Sep 2020 intake was closest (max 392, min 222).
Sdan79

Post by Sdan79 »

Very helpful , thank you 'Upset dad'
Dad22&25

Post by Dad22&25 »

Upset Dad wrote:
Golden75 wrote:The scores seem higher and lower respectively compared to previous years. Does the letter tell you how many dds passed the 2nd test? Maybe more dds passed this year than previously, or maybe the distribution of scores is just wider this year for no specific reason.
No, the letter is silent on how many passed. But, I'm sure someone will FOI soon.. as invariably has happened in most years.

Also, the higher and lower are very close to the Sep 2020 intake. It was 222 and 392 on that occasion, compared to 217 and 393 this time round.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... Aliyev.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The only change of note for that year was that Nonsuch had a higher intake of 240 instead of 210. Would suspect that means that the cutoffs can be very close to the 2020 cutoffs, probably slightly higher.
I have submitted a FOI. :D

From previous years' scores, my DD's score would be good enough to get an IC place at WG, but I need more data to calm my worrying nerves.
Last edited by Dad22&25 on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Sorry, I posted this on another post but thought it might also add to the discussion here:

Looking at the 2020 scores distribution, there were only a couple of scores between the lowest of 222 and 242 - could these have been PP and if so, this year too? I’m not sure whether they actually add the 10% leeway to the scores or just pass with a score 10% lower than others. So if the threshold for each in second exam was 70, they would only need 63. And if the SET pass mark was 203, they would only need 183. 91 + 63 + 63 = 217.

Does anybody know the SET pass mark for the girls?
Upset Dad

Post by Upset Dad »

Oneoftwothings wrote:Does anybody know the SET pass mark for the girls?
Oneoftwothings wrote:I’m not sure whether they actually add the 10% leeway to the scores or just pass with a score 10% lower than others.
Pretty sure, its the latter. At least in WHSG there are 35 PP seats, that are filled after the Top 100 but before the 110 IC seats are allocated. Any seats offered to PP and LAC reduces the overall seats available for allocation to IC.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Upset Dad wrote:
Oneoftwothings wrote:Does anybody know the SET pass mark for the girls?
Oneoftwothings wrote:I’m not sure whether they actually add the 10% leeway to the scores or just pass with a score 10% lower than others.
Pretty sure, its the latter. At least in WHSG there are 35 PP seats, that are filled after the Top 100 but before the 110 IC seats are allocated. Any seats offered to PP and LAC reduces the overall seats available for allocation to IC.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now