In year admission for Tiffin Girls School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
zhulu8888

In year admission for Tiffin Girls School

Post by zhulu8888 »

My daughter is currently studying in Year 7 in a local grammar school. We are thinking to move home to KT2 due to relocation of work at the end of this year. In this case, Tiffin Girls School will come in our catchments.

1. Is it worth to change school?

Although it can not be compared to Tiffin Girls School, the academic performance of my daughter’s current school is pretty good and it seems that my daughter also enjoys studying in current school. The only issue will be commuting time (around 1 hour each trip) if she stays at the same school.

2. When should I star applying in year transfer for my daughter?

Do I have to wait until the beginning of first term of year 8 (September 2022)? Is it possible to make in year transfer in year 7?

3. Had anyone get in year admission in Tiffin Girls School before? I know it is not easy, but if the chance is really slim, we probably reconsider moving home.

Many thanks
Stroller

Re: In year admission for Tiffin Girls School

Post by Stroller »

Did your daughter sit the exam for TGS previously? If so, was her score higher than that of the last girl who gained entry in what would be her target year group?

And you’d still need someone else to quit first. That could happen, but as far as I can see, the school has a low turnover.

The policy is here.

https://www.tiffingirls.org/Our-School/ ... -Year.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wouldn’t move back to KT2 unless you have a decent chance of a place at another school that you’d be happy to accept for your daughter. If you had that lined up, you could have a go.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
zhulu8888

Re: In year admission for Tiffin Girls School

Post by zhulu8888 »

Hi Stroller

Thanks for you suggestion. Just got response from TGS, as my daughter did not sit entrance exam in year 7, the earliest date of In Year Admission (year eight) will be September 2022. Therefore, it is better for us to stay where are are at the moment then try to apply TGS next year. Just be curious, does anyone heard (or have) any successful application of In Year Admission for TGS ?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now