Sutton/Wilsons 2nd stage results - 2022 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tfp_sa

Re: Sutton/Wilsons 2nd stage results - 2022 Entry

Post by tfp_sa »

streathammum wrote:
Oneoftwothings wrote:
tfp_sa wrote:We took the tests without really thinking about the details.

We're only about 5 miles away further into London but it'd be something like a 45-55 minute door to door commute each way.

Is that something, in the opinion of others, that it'd be in any way sensible to attempt?
For me it depends on what the journey is like (and alternatives if transport doesn’t go to plan sometimes). Plenty do that travel time though.
Agreed, my son's journey is about 45 mins door to door but it's a single train, no changing, short walks at each end, a fairly frequent service and an alternative route home if the usual train doesn't work. With hindsight it's probably a bit further away than I'd like but it's not an unusual journey for that school and he's never had any problems with doing it.

If your journey would involve a change of transport mode - a bus and a train or two trains or whatever - then I would reconsider because your're doubling the chances of something going wrong and adding in more waiting time.
OK, thanks. We're close to Streatham, in Balham/Tooting Bec borders, so probably face a similar journey to yours.

I suppose I'm inclined to think we won't take the offer, regardless of which of Sutton/Wallington/Wilsons we were to get in the end [and I haven't fully got my head round how that works or when we'd know by]. We've realised that we're in catchment for a pretty reasonable comprehensive. I'd certainly prefer one of the GS's, certainly Wilson's [because of results etc], if it was on our doorstep or near enough, but I suppose I doubt the difference between the GS's and our comp is quite big enough to justify the extra trek.