Sutton/Wilsons 2nd stage results - 2022 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Charlie

Sutton/Wilsons 2nd stage results - 2022 Entry

Post by Charlie »

Has anyone received results from sutton yet?
julymermaid

Re: Sutton/Wilsons 2nd stage results - 2022 Entry

Post by julymermaid »

Not yet ... waiting on it. Got the Wilson's test result.
Does anyone know how likely are people to actually be offered a place if they made it through this stage?
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

julymermaid wrote:Not yet ... waiting on it. Got the Wilson's test result.
Does anyone know how likely are people to actually be offered a place if they made it through this stage?
In my son’s year (2020 entry), Wilson’s got to around rank 400 when offering; SGS around rank 650.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Oneoftwothings wrote:In my son’s year (2020 entry), Wilson’s got to around rank 400 when offering; SGS around rank 650.
And... probably there is no way of knowing what one's DS's rank is, is there?
julymermaid

Post by julymermaid »

Sutton results just in!

1043 candidates sat the second stage test and 861 met the required standard.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Charlie wrote:
Oneoftwothings wrote:In my son’s year (2020 entry), Wilson’s got to around rank 400 when offering; SGS around rank 650.
And... probably there is no way of knowing what one's DS's rank is, is there?
No, sorry. The boys don’t find out as the schools want them to start without preconceived ideas of where they rank against their peers. I know it’s hard though! I have never heard of a boy not getting a place at any of the three grammar schools if they pass all three, if that helps!
tfp_sa

Post by tfp_sa »

We took the tests without really thinking about the details.

We're only about 5 miles away further into London but it'd be something like a 45-55 minute door to door commute each way.

Is that something, in the opinion of others, that it'd be in any way sensible to attempt?
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

tfp_sa wrote:We took the tests without really thinking about the details.

We're only about 5 miles away further into London but it'd be something like a 45-55 minute door to door commute each way.

Is that something, in the opinion of others, that it'd be in any way sensible to attempt?
For me it depends on what the journey is like (and alternatives if transport doesn’t go to plan sometimes). Plenty do that travel time though.
Swlondonmum

Post by Swlondonmum »

Wow, so Sutton boys’ results are out even though their exam was a whole week after the girls’ one (2nd stage) and we’re still waiting on Sutton girls’ results?! This baffles me..
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Oneoftwothings wrote:
tfp_sa wrote:We took the tests without really thinking about the details.

For me it depends on what the journey is like (and alternatives if transport doesn’t go to plan sometimes). Plenty do that travel time though.
Agreed, my son's journey is about 45 mins door to door but it's a single train, no changing, short walks at each end, a fairly frequent service and an alternative route home if the usual train doesn't work. With hindsight it's probably a bit further away than I'd like but it's not an unusual journey for that school and he's never had any problems with doing it.

If your journey would involve a change of transport mode - a bus and a train or two trains or whatever - then I would reconsider because your're doubling the chances of something going wrong and adding in more waiting time.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now