Chances of Wilson's, SGS or Wallington if OOC

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
swipefour1

Chances of Wilson's, SGS or Wallington if OOC

Post by swipefour1 »

Hello,

My DS passed the second stage of SET and also passed the Wallington criteria. I didn't realise until now that both SGS and Wallington have oversubscription criteria that are based on catchment areas. We are very much out of catchment and wouldn't qualify for any of those. I wanted to know what the chances are of securing any of these schools given this.

Thanks
mumQS

Re: Chances of Wilson's, SGS or Wallington if OOC

Post by mumQS »

Hi...

I have the same query. My son has passed for all 3 boys school in Sutton and we are OOC.

What is the possibility of him not getting in any of them?

Any experiences or information will be much appreciated.
hopoe

Post by hopoe »

You can never say definitely because, to put it bluntly, it depends on the competition- how well other kids achieved, and what plans their parents have. Are they all planning on sending their kids to one of the grammars, or will they decide to go private/ move home etc. However, all things being equal if your DS passed all 3 exams they should have a good chance. If they get allocated a different school inMarch 2022, ask to go on the waiting list, that’s what we did. DS had only passed SGS and Wallington. We were out of county. On offers day he got our local comprehensive . He went on t e waiting list and got a place at SGS on day 2 of 1st term year 7.
bridge

Post by bridge »

Wilsons does not have a catchment. So if he did really well then he gets a place.
Chances of not getting a place when all three have been passed is low - but still a possibility as happened to someone we know.
Blueskiessunshine2

Post by Blueskiessunshine2 »

mumQS wrote:Hi...

I have the same query. My son has passed for all 3 boys school in Sutton and we are OOC.

Hi! Did you son get a place? We are in a similar position so I would be interested in your outcome!
chri1143

Post by chri1143 »

Blueskiessunshine2 wrote:
mumQS wrote:Hi...

Hi! Did you son get a place? We are in a similar position so I would be interested in your outcome!
Searching the user's post it looks like they got SGS .

It is possible to not get in to any of the 3 after passing their exams so you should always have a back up school on the CAF.