Maths Practice Materials

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sutton-hopeful

Maths Practice Materials

Post by Sutton-hopeful »

Hi, we’re currently home prepping maths for the Sutton exams next year. Based on advice from this forum we have been working through the CGP practice books starting with the 7-8 ones the working up to the 10-11, teaching any unfamiliar topics as we go. We’re now coming to the end of the 10-11 book and my son is scoring well on the practice papers at the back so the question is where do we go next? I’ve seen there are plenty of papers around eg bond, letts, GL, private schools past papers, but what order would you suggest we try these in order to build difficulty? Also any advice on any particular topics we need to cover that aren’t covered in the CGP books? Thanks!
Karn

Re: Maths Practice Materials

Post by Karn »

Imho:

- we used Target your math (year 5 and year 6) to ensure we covered whole program
- we used Bonds 11+ tests but I didn't like them a lot - they are quite unbalanced in complexity and some typos and mistakes are there as well
- GL 11+ tests are very good. Unforrtunately there were only 9 of those in the pak we bought, so we used those wisely to measure progress with some cadence
- exampaperplus materials for SET are good though complicated and time is tough
- I highly recommend piacademy, especially topic wise past questions set

Briefly, our timeline was:

Sep - Dec - Target your math year 5
Jan - April - Target your math year 6 + occasional papers from some indep schools + once in a month GL 11+
May - June - regular rotation of Bond + papers from indep schools + occasional epp SET papers + once in a month GL 11+
July - Aug - epp SET, piacademy, GL11+
2020D2022S

Re: Maths Practice Materials

Post by 2020D2022S »

Few years back I was able to download papers from other school entrance test - most such papers seem to have been taken off-line now.

BTW, I hope you have not overlooked the non-Math component of the test -.
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now