Wilson's school or Dartford Grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ari

Wilson's school or Dartford Grammar school

Post by Ari »

Hi all,
My DS has passed the Wilson's school and the Kent test.

We live in Dartford and we are thinking to put Wilson as the first school and possibly move there when we have been offered.
However we are still in ambiguity if we should consider it or not.We have Dartford Grammar school for Boys as the other preference(very near to us) and wondering how much Wilson outweights DGS in terms of performance and rest of the other categories.Could someone please share some of their views for us,that would be great.

The only thing considering moving to Wilson's is putting us off is the house prices and the traffic around that school.Could someone help us in listing out some good places to consider around that area please which are easier to travel to and from the school everyday.

Many Thanks in Advance.
tfp_sa

Re: Wilson's school or Dartford Grammar school

Post by tfp_sa »

Personal opinion - not much seperates the two in terms of academic performance [and most of the difference that there is presumably boils down to popularity/entry standards], if you're a home owner [so would have to pay stamp duty etc] you'd imo be out of your mind to move.

Wilson's vs Dartford isn't like, say, Oxford Uni vs Oxford Brookes, where one is unambiguously better than the other, it's more like comparing one very marginally more prestigious Oxford Uni college with another Oxford Uni college. No real difference. Like I said, it'd be insane to move unless you had family or work etc reasons for doing so.
Ari

Re: Wilson's school or Dartford Grammar school

Post by Ari »

Thank you @tfp_sa for the reply.
That's very good points highlighted for me.Yes,we have no other reason to move from here apart from the school.