ALLOCATIONS SUTTON,WALLINGTON (B), WILSONS 1.3.2022

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ojmum

Re: ALLOCATIONS SUTTON,WALLINGTON (B), WILSONS 1.3.2022

Post by ojmum »

streathammum wrote:My son is at SGS. They have one afternoon a week doing games at the sports ground in Northey - this carries on right through to year 11. They are taken on a mini-bus and at the end can either go back on the bus or go straight home. My son is not a sporty type but I've always been impressed by how the school has tried to find ways to keep the boys active, even those who aren't interested in team sports. Their approach has been supportive and inclusive, which is in line with the overall ethos of the school.
100% agree with above. My elder son goes to SGS. The grounds at Northey are really nice. My son was previously disinterested in sport, but really enjoys it now. Younger son will be joining in September!!
vpparent2014

Post by vpparent2014 »

We got a letter from Wilson's on Mar 7th whether we still want our DS to be on the waiting list and return the confirmation by Mar 15th. We said yes and submitted it to Wilson's and they have confirmed receiving the same. Wilson's is our first choice and QE, Boys is our second choice, on National offer day we received offers for QE Boys. This is strange as we thought by default my DS will be on the waiting list for Wilson's as it was his first choice but do not why received this letter. Does anyone have any suggestions? (We double-checked our preferences submitted part of admissions)
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

vpparent2014 wrote:We got a letter from Wilson's on Mar 7th whether we still want our DS to be on the waiting list and return the confirmation by Mar 15th. We said yes and submitted it to Wilson's and they have confirmed receiving the same. Wilson's is our first choice and QE, Boys is our second choice, on National offer day we received offers for QE Boys. This is strange as we thought by default my DS will be on the waiting list for Wilson's as it was his first choice but do not why received this letter. Does anyone have any suggestions? (We double-checked our preferences submitted part of admissions)
Maybe they just want a more honest waiting list - some people may have elected to go to indies or are happy with the school they have been given so won't go on the WL - sometimes after March 1st people get offered somewhere, tehy get to like the idea, look at travel, hear of others going there etc etc. Also makes it clear to people that they are definitely on the WL.

Haven't lived in the SE for decades but presume that you would have to move if you take up the QE place? Or would you have to travel for Wilsons?
vpparent2014

Post by vpparent2014 »

We checked with other parents who had Wilson's as first choice but received an offer only for the second choice and they did not receive this letter.

So that's why the confusion as to why we alone received it?

In the past, with our limited knowledge, Wilson has sent this letter only to students who had Wilson's as a lower choice but had higher marks to be eligible for Wilson's.

Was my DS eligible for Wilson's as first preference but mistakenly offered second preference?

Who will clear this confusion for us? is it the Wilson's school or the council?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

vpparent2014 wrote:We checked with other parents who had Wilson's as first choice but received an offer only for the second choice and they did not receive this letter.

So that's why the confusion as to why we alone received it?

In the past, with our limited knowledge, Wilson has sent this letter only to students who had Wilson's as a lower choice but had higher marks to be eligible for Wilson's.

Was my DS eligible for Wilson's as first preference but mistakenly offered second preference?

Who will clear this confusion for us? is it the Wilson's school or the council?
Have you checked whether the marks he received for Wilsons / other criteria would have got him a place this year?
vpparent2014

Post by vpparent2014 »

Sutton Boys Schools does not disclose Marks.
Hence we are totally under the School's mercy on deciding the offer.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

vpparent2014 wrote:Sutton Boys Schools does not disclose Marks.
Hence we are totally under the School's mercy on deciding the offer.
in that case you need to discuss it with the LEA / school to check whether there has been an error
vpparent2014

Post by vpparent2014 »

Thank you for the response.

I would also like to ask other parents here whether they have received any letter like this.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

it would be very useful to know if they have, hopefully some will respond on here - are you in the same LEA as the other parents you have spoken to?
vpparent2014

Post by vpparent2014 »

Yes, the other parents are in the same locality.