Tiffin Girls - "in catchment" scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RPDad

Tiffin Girls - "in catchment" scores

Post by RPDad »

I'm trying to gauge how much easier it is to get a place at Tiffin Girls if living in the inner catchment.

Context is that DD1 is high on the waiting list for both Nonsuch and Tiffin and we might be able to choose which one she goes to. Which ever one we do choose, we will probably move into the inner catchment so that DD2 (currently in year 3) has a better chance of going to the same school and DD1 has an easier commute. However, if there isn't much advantage from being in the inner catchment for Tiffin, we might reconsider (my understanding is that girls from the inner catchment need to be in the top 350 to get a place, so given there are 180 places and some girls in the top 350 will choose to go elsewhere, it seems possible that being in the inner catchment won't actually provide much of an advantage)

Tiffin seem to be very reluctant to give out any information on the cut-off scores for girls offered one of the 60 in catchment places, so thought i would try here.

For girls not in the inner-catchment who are not offered a place on Offer Day, Tiffin send an email with the girl's score and the lowest score offered a place, so wondering whether girls who live in the inner-catchment but were not offered a place receive a similar email but with some additional data points on either the 350th score or the lowest score offered to a girl from the inner-catchment.

If you applied from within the inner catchment but did not receive a place, would be very grateful if you could let me know what it said in the email you received.
KingstonTabby2011

Re: Tiffin Girls - "in catchment" scores

Post by KingstonTabby2011 »

My DD is sitting this on coming September and we are living in the inner area, so we would be interested in this too.

I noticed that the cut off score of the 60 inner area places has been lowered from 250th in 2020(?) to 350th in 2022. I wonder if the change is caused by the difficulty of finding enough girls on the top half of the Stage 2 sitters? Just a thought.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now