Tiffins Girls - Non verbal and numerical reasoning?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KingstonTabby2011

Tiffins Girls - Non verbal and numerical reasoning?

Post by KingstonTabby2011 »

Tiffins girls school website says they test Maths and English. My daughter's tutor says there's no Non verbal reasoning. However, mock papers from Examplus include several questions on NVR (nets of box) and numberial reasoning, so I am confused whether to spend DD's revision time on those topics.

I understand that Tiffins Girls write their own papers and is not obligated to follow the same pattern from previous years. Nevertheless, could someone share their experience and shed some light on this? Thanks.
Stroller

Re: Tiffins Girls - Non verbal and numerical reasoning?

Post by Stroller »

The school states explicitly what they test.
The admission tests are in English and maths. The stage one test will be multiple-choice style tests.
https://www.tiffingirls.org/getattachme ... 2.pdf.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
bridge

Re: Tiffins Girls - Non verbal and numerical reasoning?

Post by bridge »

The maths paper (stage one) is not fully multiple choice. There is no NVR. Although there is no formal VR paper aspects of the stage one English paper does contain spelling etc which may fall under the VR umbrella. But certainly no 26 VR types etc.

But best to download the limited info Tiffin have on their website for accurate info.