Wilson's mock

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ViveLeRroy

Wilson's mock

Post by ViveLeRroy »

To anyone whose child sat Wilson's mock this weekend.

For the English paper, do you know how many questions there were? My son said that the test adhered to the expected SET format, and that the level of difficulty (per question) was similar to the Wallington and Sutton's mocks - but that there were only 31 questions. So, he finished the English test with 20+ minutes to spare even after reviewing his answers. I'm thinking that either:
a. he underestimated the complexity of the texts/questions, or
b. he somehow missed half of the questions!

I guess we'll find out when the results are published - but thank you for any input before then.
chri1143

Re: Wilson's mock

Post by chri1143 »

Spoke to my son this morning. He said there were 31 English questions.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

TBF, that does sound like my DD's experience of the real SET English last year.
Otter333

Post by Otter333 »

Out of interest, how do the three schools compare in terms of difficulty? My son has done the wallington ones and has a Sutton one in august.
ViveLeRroy

Post by ViveLeRroy »

@chri1143 Thank you

@Oneoftwothings That's interesting, thanks. I was somehow under the impression that the English paper normally had at least 60 questions - but not so then!

@Otter333 Do you mean the difficulty level of the PSA mocks? My son got similar English scores with Wallington and Sutton - but for maths, he scored more highly at Wallington. But of course different children may have different experiences.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

It did used to have over 60 questions with lots of quick ones on grammar, synonyms, etc, but the format changed last year to mainly comprehension with fewer questions and chunks of text to read (plus a few spellings). There's always a chance they'll increase the number of questions this year though.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now