Nonsuch 2nd stage english format

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mamu

Nonsuch 2nd stage english format

Post by mamu »

Can anybody suggest what is expected in Nonsuch 2nd stage english format?
It says in frequently asked questions that there will be no comprehension. So is it going to be one written task only for 40-45 mins?

Also for maths, how will the 2nd stage maths test be any different from the 1st stage Maths test, other than that SET is multiple choice and 2nd stage is not.

Thanks in advance for your response.
streathammum

Re: Nonsuch 2nd stage english format

Post by streathammum »

The open format of the maths questions at stage two is the biggest difference from stage one, I think.

The English stage two has previously been a piece of long writing - I think it's had both been fiction (write a story about this title, for example) and non-fiction (write a letter on this topic) in the past.

Note that the format of the exams can change at any time, so it's best to advise your child to be prepared for anything and to read the instructions carefully and follow them.
Upset Dad

Post by Upset Dad »

mamu wrote:Can anybody suggest what is expected in Nonsuch 2nd stage english format?
It says in frequently asked questions that there will be no comprehension. So is it going to be one written task only for 40-45 mins?

Also for maths, how will the 2nd stage maths test be any different from the 1st stage Maths test, other than that SET is multiple choice and 2nd stage is not.

Thanks in advance for your response.

I would suggest you have a look at all the NWSSEE links at the bottom of this webpage.

https://www.wallingtongirls.sutton.sch. ... 23&pid=138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They have all the sample questions for Maths and English.. and some extra guidance on English.
mamu

Post by mamu »

Many thanks for the responses, much appreciated.