sutton grammar induction

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

surreymum

Post by surreymum »

It is not without its own problems. I think no school is perfect and it is easy to think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. However my son is happy there and it is local to us. The behaviour of the boys is extremely good.
melinda

Post by melinda »

Hi Geling
You asked how much Sutton Grammar have "requested" as an anuual contribution? Well, it is £90 a year so very reasonable compare to Tiffin.
There are numerous costs involved at the start of the school year and it all adds up, uniform, books, even deposits for trips in 2009!. I hadn't quite realised how much had to be forked out at the start of the year.
geling

Post by geling »

Thanks , you two! Since Melinda said , "£90 " per year, so it would be £30 per term, not per month, Surreymum, am i right? But, anyway, we just leave it like this.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

No, I am afraid Melinda that when you go to the open evening later in the summer they will ask you to make a direct debit to the school for a monthly sum.

All the bits you had to fill in in the big fat envelope last week are for the one-off type stuff (although I think we have been asked for the £90 each year) and then the direct debit is later.

Watch this space......
melinda

Post by melinda »

Surreymum,
I am very surprised because no one I know whose kids go there have mentioned this to me.
This is something I will have to look into...thanks for the warning!
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

I promise we pay a direct debit every month already for the eldest and are just waiting to be asked for the next.......
melinda

Post by melinda »

ok, thanks. I don't really have much option but to pay. If he had not got a place we would be paying through the nose at private school!