motivation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
melinda

Post by melinda »

Oh dear. this feels like confession time - tho everyone does it!
I seem to recall mentioning PS3/Wii/dog!! Not all of course. In the end it was the Wii that won the day (probably cos it was the cheapest!)

Mind you, once he'd passed, the rush to go out and purchase faded a bit as the purse strings tightened once again!! It was only later that the persistent "but you said" wore me down. :lol:
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Drastic Dad that is so funny.

My mother in law lives with us and we are not allowed to get a cat. I need some lessons is drastic-ness.

I read in another post that a member gives her son 1p per question answered correctly, an extra 10p if he socre 75% or more, an extra 25p if he scores 85% or more, and an extra 50p if he gets over 95%. I use this method and I think its good.

I also give him 10p for every word he finds from our "vocab flashcards" which encourages him to read carefully through his story books, and has made a lot of money on this!

Ds has been promised a laptop when he passes. :D
tense

Post by tense »

Some great ideas here and no they're not BRIBING but motivating & rewarding!

I certainly wouldn't work for free &, after all, 11+ prep is over & above the usual school work / chores etc. Glad my DD didn't ask for a dog though! Luckily for me a big fluffy cat keeps my mother in law away nicely! :D