Tiffin girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Louise2

Tiffin girls

Post by Louise2 »

Logged on yesterday for the first time in ages as I remember being a Tiffin Girls mum last year on this forum, got lots of support from everyone here when my daughter was on waiting list. Hang in there all waiting, and congratulations to all who are in, was curious to know how the scores were this year.
mumoffour

Post by mumoffour »

Well 987 took it, lowest mark to get a place was 231. My daughter got 222 and is 84th on the waiting list. It really is a lottery, isn't it. My daughter was very aggrieved on the day that anyone who went to the toilet got 10 minutes extra, even if they were only out for 2 minutes. In a situation this tight, that could make all the difference.

Needless to say we are not holding our breath for a place!
mum

Post by mum »

my daughter's standardised score is 261, but not sure what her position would be with that score. anybody having any idea?
mum
allegra

Post by allegra »

That does sound unfair, mumoffour - certainly worth a complaint, if not an appeal. It didn't used to be the case - if you left to go to the loo, that was your bad luck and no extra time was given. I should imagine,with this information, next year's batch will all be instructed by their tutors to nip off whether they need to or not. I'm sorry about your daughter - it's a harsh exam.
Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

that was the same last year a couple of girls were given extra time at the end because they went to the toilet. My daughter had to sit and wait until they had finished before they could leave the room. they were the last ones out. 261 is a very high score, 280 is the maximum so I would've thought in the top 50.
oesmugso

Whilst you wait ......

Post by oesmugso »

My wife has just spoken to Kingston who say that for Tiffin Boys they have 12 declines and for Tiffin Girls just 4.

[Posted in good faith, we believe this is accurate]
LuluQueen

Post by LuluQueen »

Good luck to all that took the test, I hope you're daughter is offered a place at Tiffins!