Help our advice needed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
EAGERDAD

Help our advice needed

Post by EAGERDAD »

Hi newcomer to this forum, My son took Wallington exam and i am happy to say he passed. He scored 338 ranked 283 but not guarenteed a place. He really wants to go to WCGS we like the school also. I need to know what are our chances of a place or do we need to safeguard another school just in case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

eagerdad
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

Hi eagerdad
congratulation to your son
mine is also on the list, but much lower. In the letter from Wallington they say that last year they offered a place upto the 348th, with pass mark of 335, so I would think that you might just get through at the last hour.
They also say on their site that this September they still had 45 people on the waiting list, out of 474 that passed last year. So again, by this measure (474-45=429) you are in no problem.
best of luck
Giulio
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Hi Eagerdad
Well done to your son. It looks as if going by previous numbers he should get offered a place.
Last year they offered to 339 in the first tranche of offers and down to 335 at the end.
I think you need to have a back up plan if only so that you have a school you will be happy with in case you need to wait for a waiting list place to come up.
The great unknown every year of course is knowing how many people put each school first-it is unlikely, but possible, that Wallington could be more popular than usual and therefore your son could miss out.
Remember that all the grammar schools are good and if we only had one of them in the area and your son got in you would be thrilled, whichever one of them it was.
While you don't have a definite offer of a school in your hand I would advise that you increase your chances of being successful by applying to at least one other grammar school as well.
EAGERDAD

Post by EAGERDAD »

Thank you for your prompt replies, i am seeing the headmaster tomorrow to see what he has to say. Will keep you guys informed.

Thank you once again

EAGERDAD
Pusyparent

Post by Pusyparent »

Hi Eagerdad

My son passed with a score of 349 and placed at 183. He has been offered a guranteed place. I was at the school yesterday morning but unfortunately could not stay past 11.30 so did not get a chance to speak to anyone.

Hope you had a positive response from the Headmaster.

Does anyone know what was the top score at Wally boys this year?
EAGERDAD

Post by EAGERDAD »

Hi pusyparent

No positive respnse from headmaster, he told us that he must sit other schhols exams but still to put Wallington as first choice. We are hopeful that wallington will offer a place but are taking surreymums advice and are sageguarding our position - i think....................

regards

eagerdad
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now