tiffin exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ElevenplusParent

Post by ElevenplusParent »

geling wrote:Oh, JaysDarlin, I am still around! :lol: I think the original cutting -off mark is 229 for Tiffin boy 2008; 225 for Tiffin boy 2007. From 2006 to 2008, the Tiffin Girls original cut-off mark are the same:230. Good luck to you all.
Sorry I did not get how the scoring of 230 works. For VR and NVR I assume it will be scored for 160 raw or 141 standardised. Isn't it? Sorry can you please explain how it works for Tiffins?
EP

Tiffin Test

Post by EP »

Hi All

Have been reading your q's and a's for a while now,but to be honest this is my first.Reading your comments is indeed a great help in these stressful times.Does anyone know when the test is held i.e is it in the morning or evening half of the day?

tks
EP
JASMINE

Post by JASMINE »

Hi EP,

Phoned Tiffin today, very rushed on the phone but details are posted out Friday. I did ask about morning and afternoon times and I believe there is a morning and afternoon time. Sorry to be so vague but I didn't get much information.
geling

Post by geling »

Hi, "ElevenplusParent" : as far as i know Tiffin score calculating method is a "mysterious" one and I still don't understand! However, the answer can be seen at " Scoring at Tiffins" under the author "Boltew" earlier. SLVEel answered the same question perfectly. :lol: That thread is currently at second page of this section. Good luck.
EP

Post by EP »

Thanks Jasmine,at least you got as far as speaking to someone - guess will just have to wait and watch! :?:
Nayna P

Tiffin exam paper

Post by Nayna P »

Hi All,

This is the first time I have ever posed a question on any forum and it is making me quite nervous.

This is a great forum and I think I found out about a bit late in the day. But it has helped me put everything in perspective. Many thanks for that.

My son is going for the Tiffin exam next week and the question I would like answered is whether you are able to write ( do your workings) on the exam question paper? When he went for the Slough exam the children were told they were not allowed to mark the question paper.

Many thanks for your help
SunlampVexesEel

Re: Tiffin exam paper

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Nayna P wrote:is whether you are able to write ( do your workings) on the exam question paper?
I believe there are no rules regarding writing on the paper. So it is fair game to jot on the paper if it helps.

Good Luck to your DS.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now