Tiffin Girls waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
twickenhammum

Post by twickenhammum »

Thank you keendad. I have just told DD and she is gutted - despite us being calm and neutral through out the process. She immediately latched on to the concept of the waiting list. I have to manage her expectations (only 21 last year and 19 the year before and this (credit crunch year)). Sadly 11 is too young to be diappointed yet if it wasn't us , some other 11 year old would have been. I will secretly keep my fingers crossed.
isamum

Post by isamum »

I feel for you and your daughter.
Let's hope that she will move up the list.
runningmum

Post by runningmum »

Hi Twickenham mum
I think that 21 or 19 is a better extimate of the likely movement of the list. 45 (the 1st year of the new system) places were offered - some of them to girls who had already had a higher preference offer. This situation was brought to the attention of the ombudsman and the practice was stopped.

Best of luck

One of my pupils has a score of 230 so I'll let you know when (and if) she is offered a place.
twickenhammum

Post by twickenhammum »

Thanks for all of the support. Yes it will be useful to know when those with 230 are offered a place (if so). DD said that she will even like to go during year 7 or year 8! Crikey, I never knew that it would be this hard.
isamum

Post by isamum »

also worth remembering that some girls which are on the waiting list are going to accept palces in other schools.
frenchmum

Post by frenchmum »

My DD didn't get a place - good enough score for the boys but not the girls (irritating). However to cheer up those who are in with a chance I do know of one child who has a place and is turning it down in favour of private school.
twickenhammum

Post by twickenhammum »

I have just heard through the grapevine thathere are a few parents who just cant decide between a favoured independent and Tiffin. Having paid the deposit , they will decide "later"! Not very helpful for those on the waiting list.
charmingmum

Post by charmingmum »

Hi Twickenham mum

I am just new to this forum and this is my first posting. My dauughter got her first choice of school -Nonsuch scoring 398 but she also scored 233 in her Tiffin exam and on waiting list. I have already accept the place in Nonsuch so count us out on the waiting list for Tiffin girl.

Good luck.
twickenhammum

Post by twickenhammum »

Thank you for that charmingmum. I am embarrassed to say that I am pleased! Sorry. It is good to have hope but i am not sharing any waiting list information with DD. (just in case her spirits are dashed again).
orion

Post by orion »

Frenchmum said

My DD didn't get a place - good enough score for the boys but not the girls (irritating).

I appreciate they sit the same paper, but out of simple curiosity are the girls and boys schools results standardised together or separately? Is a score at the boys equivalent to a score at the girls ?