Secondary school admission test - Jamiah, Blackburn

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ifti12

Secondary school admission test - Jamiah, Blackburn

Post by ifti12 »

Hi,

My son is going to appear in secondary school admission test for Year 7 at the start of Year 6 and most likely around Sep-Oct 2017 time. My question is related to admission test. The only thing I knew about test is English, Math, Science.

Now my question is in your opinion the test will be similar to 11+ or if I work with my son to revise everything covered in Year 5 would be sufficient? So far I was using the following site to practice Math and Science.
https://urbrainy.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please suggest better site for practice questions based on Secondary school admission test for subjects English, Math, Science. The school is in blackburn and their site is : http://www.jamiah.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Secondary school admission test

Post by scary mum »

Do you know anyone with children at this school. Maybe ask them? Or ask the school for sample papers? Hopefully someone will come along with some advice. Might be worth changing the title (not sure if you can) to include the school's name.
scary mum
ToadMum

Re: Secondary school admission test

Post by ToadMum »

Might also be worth posting again in the 'Lancashire and Cumbria' area of the forum? Some people only look at threads in their own geographical area - you might find someone who has local knowledge of the school even though they have no personal interest in independent schools, if you see what I mean.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now