Blackheath School for Girls & Forest

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Wapping8

Blackheath School for Girls & Forest

Post by Wapping8 »

I'm helping a Yr 6 girl apply for both these schools. She's not my daughter, I work for an after-school group which helps kids who need some support which they can't get at home.

Does anybody have any advice about the entrance exams - particularly the English and NVR. I've downloaded the past papers etc on their sites.

Also, the types of questions asked in the Blackheath interview. This child is bright, but so far a bit unprepared.

Thanks!
Grammargorilla

Re: Blackheath School for Girls & Forest

Post by Grammargorilla »

Bromley High (which is another GTDS school like Blackheath High) interviews ask the following:
Fave subjects at school and why?, what do you do outside of school? What do you want to do as a career? What other schools applied for? What books do you like to read? What do you like most about the school? What questions do you have? Etc. I don’t think you’ll be asked anything too challenging or thought provoking like is it ethical to climb mountains but others might know better. I’m not entirely sure about exam content but believe it will be maths, English including creative writing and possibly standard format comprehension and maybe some VR/NVR. Perhaps check with admissions.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Wapping8 - good to hear that you are helping out, just wondering a little though how she is going to get on at Indie if not much support at home? Are they happy re whole process / fees etc or is it a case of not being able to give the exam prep support she needs?
Wapping8

Post by Wapping8 »

Hi - I'm late replying. Thanks for the tips here. I'm helping with exam preparation as the parents find that difficult. No shortage of other support at home.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now