Anybody here giving up a place at HBS?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Khushi6

Re: Anybody here giving up a place at HBS?

Post by Khushi6 »

Please can all you lovely parents who have decided on alternative schools for your DC make sure you have declined officially. I am desperately close to being able to give my DD the best news next week if we can all work together. Also so all of you know we currently hold no places at any schools as we were aware that some gorgeous child could be waiting for the same news.x
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

So you are actually without a school to go to in September?

You are in the hands of others?

What happens if no more places come up? DG
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Our advice would always be accept the place you are offered by the LA, unless you are sure you will take a private school place or will home educate.

If you don’t get a place from the waiting list, your LA are not obliged to offer to offer you another school place. They certainly don’t have to offer you the place they originally offered you.

As an aside I’ve noticed that Reading Council now do not withdraw a place, unless you actually tell them where your child will be going instead. So you can’t actually reject the school place without telling them where your child is going to go.
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

Tinkers wrote: As an aside I’ve noticed that Reading Council now do not withdraw a place, unless you actually tell them where your child will be going instead. So you can’t actually reject the school place without telling them where your child is going to go.
I thought this was the general practice in atleast the London Boroughs for a while.. could be totally wrong though.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

No idea. Tbh it’s the first time I’ve seen it anywhere. I do think it’s a good move though, as I suspect there are parents who reject a place offered without knowing the consequence.
Chan2018

Post by Chan2018 »

Khushi6 wrote:Please can all you lovely parents who have decided on alternative schools for your DC make sure you have declined officially. I am desperately close to being able to give my DD the best news next week if we can all work together. Also so all of you know we currently hold no places at any schools as we were aware that some gorgeous child could be waiting for the same news.x
Please if you don't need HBS offer decline officially. It's make great news for who don'thave any grammar school and waiting one month.
Khushi6

Post by Khushi6 »

My DD was offered a place! Over the moon with happiness
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Congratulations to you.

I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend with your happy news. DG
Chan2018

Post by Chan2018 »

Dear Parents,
Is there any kind soul who would share that they are giving up their HBS seat for an independent one?
My daughter is W/L top 15. Now only W/L 7 movement.
I herd more parents still holds their HBS place and private school places.
All HBS waiting list parents kind request for the parents who going send their girs to private school please kindly realese the HBS place. I know you have right to hold but please think about us we needs to buy our second choice school uniform, pay locker money and pay for music lesson ect..
Please think us who is waiting more than 80 days.
newbieCath

Post by newbieCath »

Khushi6 did your daughter end up getting a place at HBS in the end?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now