City of London Girls

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
11+examfunandgames

City of London Girls

Post by 11+examfunandgames »

Does anyone know what the number of applicants and how many offers made for 1st stage this year?

Thank you!!
CLSGjoiner

Re: City of London Girls

Post by CLSGjoiner »

11+examfunandgames wrote:Does anyone know what the number of applicants and how many offers made for 1st stage this year?
Thank you!!
Just wanted to check if anyone knows how many applicants sat City test this year..
practisehard

Post by practisehard »

Will be useful for me to know this as well
confused_dad_

Post by confused_dad_ »

Latest Good School Guide entry for CLSG says 850 applications for 75 places.

And a comment under this thread from 2017 https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=49548" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; said, 300 out of 750 applications were selected for interview.
I am delighted to inform you that xxxxxxx performed extremely well in her 11+ entrance exam for City of London School for Girls, and we are very pleased to offer her an interview here at City. We hope this is good news for you and xxxxxxx!

We had an extremely high number of applicants to City this year – just over 750 girls from a wide variety of schools. xxxxxxx, many congratulations. You should be extremely proud of your efforts so far – we are interviewing roughly 300 girls and we have sadly had to let hundreds of brilliant applicants know that they have not been selected for the final stage of the process. We do encourage you to empathise with any disappointed girls you may know of or who are in your class.
So, going by that, there are about
850 applications or so now a days
About half are selected for interview (350/750 in 2017 ) -- maybe 400 now?
75 get a place
CLSGjoiner

Post by CLSGjoiner »

confused_dad_ wrote:Latest Good School Guide entry for CLSG says 850 applications for 75 places.

And a comment under this thread from 2017 https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... hp?t=49548" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; said, 300 out of 750 applications were selected for interview.
Thank you so much! I wonder how pandemic has impacted numbers. perhaps fewer to commit long term expense?
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

CLSGjoiner wrote:
confused_dad_ wrote:Latest Good School Guide entry for CLSG says 850 applications for 75 places.

Thank you so much! I wonder how pandemic has impacted numbers. perhaps fewer to commit long term expense?
Current 2022 admission criteria is saying 80 places
DLara

Post by DLara »

CLSGjoiner wrote:

In my opinion pandemic mostly impact on the people, who wouldn't be able to choose private school even before the pandemic for economic reason.
I know a few people around me who decided to choose private school, pandemic haven't change their decision as they are still working from home.
Earning the same income and they have less expenses. I mean no holiday, significantly less shopping comparing to pre-pandemic, no restaurant or
pub, no café, no travelling expenses etc. You could make the list longer. People who normally spend money on those, they have really limited places to spend. In fact they have saved the money.