Royal Masonic entrance exam

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sam214

Royal Masonic entrance exam

Post by sam214 »

Hello.

Our daughter will be doing the admissions tests for RMS. Does anyone have information on the CEM select that rms use, or any other information about the entrance tests.

Many thanks
mad?

Re: Royal Masonic entrance exam

Post by mad? »

I'm afraid I have no up to date information. However, historically the pass mark has not been hugely challenging.
mad?
confused_dad_

Post by confused_dad_ »

sam214 wrote:Hello.

Our daughter will be doing the admissions tests for RMS. Does anyone have information on the CEM select that rms use, or any other information about the entrance tests.

Many thanks
Our daughter took the CEM Select exam for City of London School for Girls yesterday and I believe the RMS exam is similar.

According to her, the exam had a short maths section (similar to the Bond CEM papers), data section - reading/interpreting charts and graphs, missing words in English, and non verbal reasoning (apparently mostly matrices). That said, a school would probably customise the test according to their preference, so the RMS exam maybe a bit different. Though it will almost certainly have short maths and non verbal reasoning.
practisehard

Post by practisehard »

confused_dad_ wrote:
sam214 wrote:Hello.

Many thanks
Our daughter took the CEM Select exam for City of London School for Girls yesterday and I believe the RMS exam is similar.

According to her, the exam had a short maths section (similar to the Bond CEM papers), data section - reading/interpreting charts and graphs, missing words in English, and non verbal reasoning (apparently mostly matrices). That said, a school would probably customise the test according to their preference, so the RMS exam maybe a bit different. Though it will almost certainly have short maths and non verbal reasoning.

Can I ask how she found the time given to complete the modules? Is it as hard as the paper CEM test? Could she complete all on time?
confused_dad_

Post by confused_dad_ »

Apparently similar to the paper CEM tests time-wise, she couldn't finish the last one or two sums within time.

Though I believe the sums were relatively easier compared to the ones she saw in some practice papers.

This is all hearsay though and DD is not very chatty about exams :-)
sam214

Post by sam214 »

Thank you for the information. I can imagine she just wants to forget all about it :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now