City Boys 11 plus interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MCMG

City Boys 11 plus interview

Post by MCMG »

My son has an online interview with City Boys this week, are there any parents who have been through this and would be happy to share any insights? Thanks
mb74

Re: City Boys 11 plus interview

Post by mb74 »

No insights but frustrated that City have insisted online interviews MUST be at home and can’t be held at school. Means a school day lost as husband will need to WFH and will miss meetings if he tries to take DS back to school afterwards.

Perhaps City is worried that school will interfere with interviews?

Not sure why their process has been so different to all the other schools this year.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I don't think their process has been so different but I do think it is fantastic that parents have been able to book their own interview so they can select a time they can actually do.

I also think it is fantastic that results have come out so quickly and have any other schools agreed to an interview at school rather than home? DG
mb74

Post by mb74 »

DS has had call backs from 5 schools. All the other 4 are doing in person interviews.

The initial email from City did not specify that interviews must be conducted from home. In fact, it only mentioned having a quiet space and IF the child was at home, and not at school, parents should not be present. This was changed yesterday so no, there wasn’t a chance to book a more convenient time for working parents.

There have also been no in person tours, again in direct contrast to all the other schools we were considering.