33%
Winchester
35%
Eton
31%

Total votes: 54

suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Hummm! Really can't answer this yet - I need to think long and hard and then come up with a thoughtful and canny answer.:) :)

Will let you know.

Winchester- some bad press recently
Eton - old boy network a difficult one as only old Etonians like old Etonians no other schools do.(in my humble and limited experience)
Other than that I feel they offer the same thing so its a hard one.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Dear Tipsy,

You know that what I know about indep schools can be written on a postage stamp!
I do know you, a tiny tad ,I think though.
Eton is the school par excellence.It is regarded as top of the top.For your gifted son, if the offer suits financially , I think you should take it.If you don't you will always wonder if you should have.
If it doesn't suit financially. he will thrive at either of the others because you will make sure of it.
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

YES CM - that was my canny answer I was just about to come up with. He'll do really well at either school because he is uber brainy and has a mum who cares....(I have ruled out Westminster) :D
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Come on MOD's, you know CM deserves to join your ranks! 8)
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Thanks for ruling it out Canny! :lol:
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

But then she would go all official on us and not talk to us and forget us and not help us and........
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

T.i.p.s.y - your are welcome!!! :D Long long ago I had a couple of boyfriends from there (I think this subject was talked about before but I was too new and shy to the forum to join in the thread) and that put me off. So I have written Westminster off for you!! Now Winchester boys.... a much different kettle of fish altogether. :wink:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

suncrest wrote:But then she would go all official on us and not talk to us and forget us and not help us and........
Never, never , never.....(three times for emphasis like Obama) 8)
suncrest

Post by suncrest »

Forget CM for MOD...I'm proposing CM for President!!!! :lol: :lol:
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

suncrest wrote:T.i.p.s.y - your are welcome!!! :D Long long ago I had a couple of boyfriends from there (I think this subject was talked about before but I was too new and shy to the forum to join in the thread) and that put me off. So I have written Westminster off for you!! Now Winchester boys.... a much different kettle of fish altogether. :wink:
Hmmm not sure Tipsy wants to consider excellence in all areas :shock:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now