Paying fees in advance

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Freya

Paying fees in advance

Post by Freya »

What is the usual amount of discount given if fees are paid 2 years in advance? Do all schools operate similar schemes offering similar levels of discount or is bursar's discretion more common?

We enquired about paying 2 years in advance and discovered we would save roughly £120 :shock: I'd rather keep the money in the bank!! What a joke!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I know that Ed's school offers something like this, but all of our paperwork is currently in boxes - so I won't be able to advise you. Sorry.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I can see no point in paying in advance - it takes the only 'power' you have as a parent away. If your child has problems and these aren't resolved then the school has a hold over you.

In the current climate also very few schools are beyond the risk of closure.
Freya

Post by Freya »

Ed's Mum - Awww thanks for even replying. I've been following your project with interest and you must be exhausted with all you have been doing! Good for you and I hope all your effort is well rewarded!

Guest55 - Good points! Will definitely keep our money in the bank!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I agree with Guest55 - keeping the money, and therefore some control, seems very sensible to me. Let's hope we never have to exercise that sort of control though.

(Yes, I am utterly exhausted!)
Thea

Post by Thea »

We did this - didn't save a vast amount, but as we will not be paying tax on interest in the bank was worth doing, and also means do not have to think about it for another three years. :D
Best Regards,
Thea
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now