Congers????????

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chardom

Congers????????

Post by chardom »

Does anybody know what this might be as my DS has started at his new school today and he has this lesson every Friday for an hour. I am intrigued!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Could it be a congregational hymn practice in a chapel???
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&cr ... n&ct=title
chardom

Post by chardom »

Could well be! Thanks for that Ed's mum! That's why I love this forum - there is always someone who knows the answer to any question you ask :!:
zorro

Post by zorro »

Hi Chardom,
My DS has Congers at his school- it takes place in Chapel and it's a service/assembly.

When they start at indie you have to learn a new language! :?
chardom

Post by chardom »

I agree Zorro! Am trying to get to grips with it as quickly as I can but it's a whole new world to me!
chardom

Post by chardom »

Zorro, my DS is really enjoying Congers and says it's much more fun than he expected as he hated hymn practice at primary! Apparently he actually sings now for the whole 30 minutes, which is amazing as he has spent the last 7 years at primary in trouble and with break time detentions for NOT singing :!: What a difference a few months makes. :lol:
zorro

Post by zorro »

Hi Chardom,
Just wait until House Music Competitions-that's when it gets really serious!! :roll: At DS's school it's a really big evening - they do an ensemble piece where they all have to sing and then individual pieces for the best musicians in each house. All the pupils wear a buttonhole in house colours and it is fiercely contested! Parents get invited - it's a brilliant evening. DS wriggled out of the choir at primary even though he was told he had a good voice but now has no choice!! :D