Harder with second and subsequent children?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Oh. No. I wrote 2? January because I am unsure. It is the 20 something of January.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

:oops:
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

Can hardly bear to look at this thread the tension is so palpable. I was told by a Rugby Master, of 25 years experience, they could easily push their overall academic achievement up the scale if they only aimed at the most academic. However, there is a very fundamental belief that they want to promote the whole person and school life should be about much more than academic subjects. They are looking for individuals with a sense of destiny who want to contribute to the school and wider society.

My dd is remarkable in the way she has looked for positions of trust and responsibility in years 5 & 6. One of the interview questions she was asked was "what would you say to becoming a prefect if you came here?" She is also amazingly friendly (despite being very shy) and quick to challenge anyone who is unfair or bullying; which has in turn made her very popular. I know her old school's head had extolled those virtues and I feel his comments carried great weight.

When she told me how the interviews had gone I was embarrassed by how confident and ambitious her answers had been and how precocious - given she's a quiet girl who finds it hard to make aural contributions in lessons it was amazing! In retrospect, I am glad my advice to her had been to make an effort to overcome shyness and sell herself and her dreams.
I don't know Ed's sister, so have no view about how well she will interview, but I will hazard the remark that it seems she has the same drive and hunger as my Saskia. Just try to keep you own understandable anxiety under control now Ed's Mum and she will do it!
(Sorry for lack of modesty about dd everyone!)
Milla

Post by Milla »

it's not lack of modesty, it's pride and it's love and it's just lovely!!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Thank you Sassie's Dad. Ed's sister is determined to get a place at Rugby!