Mitigating circumstances

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
zorro

Post by zorro »

They are all internal exams but they only take into account Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and French( not his best subject! :roll: ).
Gman

Post by Gman »

Understand fully about the impact of no heating. The boiler broke last week, and BG are only coming out tomorrow. The house is artic, with only 1 open coal fire heating it.

DD and I have been visiting the local leisure centre to shower. The upside is we are playing lots of sports whilst there.

The lack of heating has had an impact on daughter. She is normally an energetic 10 year old. Currently I can not get her to leave her bed.
tense

Post by tense »

I think you did the right thing with the letter Zorro. And good luck to Master Zorro with his exams!

T x
zorro

Post by zorro »

Thanks tense!
You won't believe what's happened today! Woke up to freezing cold house and loads of snow . The boiler has broken down now and BG can't come till tomorrow evening!! :twisted: They told us when they turned us on after 8 days that the boiler might be affected.
DS took 2 hours to get to school and then they went into their houses and told them to phone their parents to collect them!! Fortunately another mum bought him home!
Can it get any worse?
Actually yes - waiting for electricity to go now!! Shhhhhhhhh!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Oh poor Zorro and co. I hope things improve soon.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Poor you Zorro and Master Zorro - hope BG turn up.

Good luck and hope that you are going to get the "less cold" weather that is being forecast.
We are waiting for the thaw now - we are forecast rain - and then comes the flooding and the small matter of a river slightly too close to the back door for comfort!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now