Haberdashers Girls - Exam

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Soppy

Haberdashers Girls - Exam

Post by Soppy »

Did anyone do the Habs Girls' exams today - any views ?

DD thought that Maths & Verbal were not too bad, but thought that the English was a bit time pressured and so didn't finish...... :(

What did everyone else think ?
BarnetDad

Post by BarnetDad »

Quite a journey getting there. I've not spoken with DD at length, but she thought it was OK, and (surprisingly for her) felt that the VR was relatively the harder part.

She's bouncing off the walls this evening as that's the last one. Celebratory Fish and Chips (with fizz for Mum & Dad).

Only interviews to go now (already had an invitation, along with others from her school, from Channing, so they don't hang around with the marking).
Soppy

Post by Soppy »

If you haven't received your letter from Habs Girls yet - exam results are now available by phone call to the school ! :shock:
Daogroupie

Habs Exam Results

Post by Daogroupie »

So you phone them up and they tell you what? Do they give you your marks for the three papers or just if you have an interview or not? I dont think I have got the bottle to phone!
Soppy

Post by Soppy »

PM'd
BarnetDad

Post by BarnetDad »

Just spoke with Mrs Howarth (can't believe how nervous I felt placing the call!) and it appears that they're not actually sending out letters - she is phoning everyone to arrange dates (though I presume those that aren't being invited back would get a letter without a phone call?).

I was delighted to hear that DD is wanted for interview. Now just to try to get through to her to agree a time (she could do with an assistant this week!).
MHDad

Post by MHDad »

Anybody know the no of places available and the proportion of call backs
fairydust2010

Post by fairydust2010 »

can't help for senior school but in case there is any correlation I believe it was 40 call backs for 20 places for reception
Daogroupie

Habs places

Post by Daogroupie »

125 places in total, take off 40 preps and about 80 places. How many callbacks? Don't know. Total numbers sat this year, about 450.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now