Hampton School - have you had letter?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Thisismadness

Post by Thisismadness »

TIPSY - DS has been invited for interview at KGS which is definitely our no 1 school based on how nice it seemed and how near it is to our house! So pinning hopes on that, but he's also doing 2 exams for less academic schools this week and next - hopefully we've got our bases covered! Does anyone have info on the Ibstock exam by the way? They seem to get loads of applicants, but also it's known to be one of the less academic schools so not sure exactly what criteria they use to select children. (DS already had an interview there).
Thisismadness

Post by Thisismadness »

Sorry - also meant to say to TIPSY and PB mum - thanks for thinking of us. Really helps to know there are kind people out there wishing you well!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Sorry TIM - what is KGS short for? I'm glad you have options and he's got to the interview stage of your first choice. I wish him all the very best and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Sounds like you are home and dry with an Interview at Kingston Grammar School.
; We also have applied there. Nice school.
Well done.
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
Thisismadness

Post by Thisismadness »

SunlampVexesEel - I'd love to think I'm home and dry but know they interview more than they offer places to so still a way to go yet.. good luck to you too on that one
T.i.p.s.y - KGS is Kingston Grammar School - one of the old grammar schools that turned independent way back (bit confusing because Tiffin school, which is over the road from KGS is actually a grammar school but sounds less like one!)
2boydad

Post by 2boydad »

I have'nt heard either way from Hampton yet - what does this suggest ?
Thisismadness

Post by Thisismadness »

2boydad - Hampton seems to be sending out letters by school whether it's an interview or a "no" so I wouldn't read anything into it either way. There's quite a long interview period according to the original pamphlet they gave us, so plenty of time yet! Best of luck to you and your son - really hope you hear good news soon.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Is KGS where Sarah Fletcher is now the head? She was the deputy at Rugby until September and was the one who interviewed my son. A lovely lady!
Good luck everyone. x
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Ed's mum wrote:Is KGS where Sarah Fletcher is now the head?
Yes, And very good she was too at the Open Evening. Much better than the previous head that put me off the school when we visted previously for DC1.
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
Thisismadness

Post by Thisismadness »

Just thought I'd report back to this (old now) post and say we got the good news we wanted - DS has a place at KGS which was our no 1. school, and also at a couple of others. Thanks so much for all the help, support and advice on these forums at what's been an incredibly stressful 6 months or so....don't know how I'd have stayed sane without you! Well done to all the other clever DCs with their wonderful results, scholarships, bursaries and all round good news!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now