Verification of income for bursary

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Cripes ... selling life insurance policies!!! I would have thought it was rarely worth sending a child to an indie if it meant selling the life insurance policy, not a lot of good going to private school if one of you dies and you have nowt to feed and clothe the family or transport kid to school!

Don't put contents insurance figure down - all the policies have a standard minimum, the actual amount you could get for the household contents (unless you have partic fancy jewellrey or paintings ) is a fraction of that. Just list anything very fancy, partic if it is likely to become apparent at some point tha you own such eg the Bechstein grand your DC might do practice on :wink:
PrettyWoman

Post by PrettyWoman »

The form has gone. When I got the house insurance certificate out our contents are insured for £50,000!

We have no-where near that but better to be over-insured!

I think they ask for the certificate to catch out the people who say they have no capital assets but then have their contents insured for £2m!

We genuinally have no capital assets. We live in a normal house, earning normal salaries. Our passports expired 3 or 4 years ago as we go camping in this country, not much fun with all the rain.

I'm very aware that bursaries are not to support a lifestyle but realistically we couldn't live in a smaller house, we have negative equity, we don't take expensive holidays so there is nothing for us to sacrifice.

If we don't get an offer then at least I can say we tried. They do a home visit so I think they will see that we are very normal. The only luxury I have is my marine fishtank. My OH bought it for me for my 40th last year and it is my pride and joy. I hope they don't ask me to sell my fishes or corals as I'm really quite attached to them in a wet, salty kind of way!

The test is on 6th Feb and offers are sent out the following Wednesday so 3 weeks today we'll know what's what!
I used to be plain, but when I married Mr Pretty I became PrettyWoman and now have 2 Pretty children!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Wishing you all the best!!
PrettyWoman

Post by PrettyWoman »

Ed's mum wrote:Wishing you all the best!!
Thank you :lol:
I used to be plain, but when I married Mr Pretty I became PrettyWoman and now have 2 Pretty children!
Freya

Post by Freya »

Fingers crossed for you!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now