Do privately educated kids have 'x factor', and what is it?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

KB, I'm lost - what are you talking aboot? :?
KB

Post by KB »

But she doesn't like the government statistics that put 'our' GS at the top of the league tables -we've had good humoured debates before - so that was the bit I just slipped in to see if she was watching.

Just a bit of fun :)
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

My dear KB, you are right but I have learnt or decided :? that life is too short to care! :o We can all talk ourselves into thinking our schools do X,Y and Z when they do nothing of the sort! I have come to the conclusion that ignorance may well be bliss. 8)
KB

Post by KB »

Hope you didn't mind the bit of lightheartedness thrown in :)

Given our experiences of the last few weeks I am reassessing how much its 'worth' sacrificing to strive for the 'best' educationally.
Maybe we are in danger of getting a bit too caught up in it all (& for those of us who are Christians we should certainly know better!)

Please don't all jump up & down - just agreeing with Tipsy that we should keep things in perspective & maybe 'chill' sometimes - don't mean that we shouldn't care deeply about our DCs education!!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

KB,

I have been thinking exactly the same thing. I don't know if I've tired myself out, grown up a bit (doubt it) or if it's this blasted mut that has given me a new focus, but I am sick of schools! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now