A choice between TRINITY and WILSON'S

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Third time round

Post by Third time round »

My elder son goes to Wilsons and has been extremely happy there, however he is a high flyer academically and a very keen sportsman. Wilsons has wonderful opportunities for a sporty boy. My younger child is musical and less academic, and i don't feel Wilsons is the right school for him so we are going for trinity as his top choice, I think it very much depends on the child. Wilsons is a fantastic school for the very able boy, but my son says that those who struggle a little have a much harder time.
PumpkinPrincess

Post by PumpkinPrincess »

Sorry, everyone. I didn’t mean to keep you in suspense. No, the results are not out yet. I only know because the circumstances are completely different, although not one I want to explain on a public forum. Not yet.

Thanks though for your interest and may I ask that we focus rather on the comparables between the two schools. Hope you can read between the lines…

Having said that a few forum members have been very helpful with a couple of PMs. Thanks a bunch.
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Thanks for the explanation PP - I just think everyone was confused by how you could know when we are all still gnawing our hands off!!! :)

In all honesty, in your shoes I would chose Wilson's. Although Trinity is a lovely school (and I will happily send ds there if he gets in) I don't think the difference in the education received is sufficient to justify the extra expense. Now if it was a choice between Whitgift and Wilson's - well that would be a much more difficult choice. Good luck with your decision.
PumpkinPrincess

Thank you, LD.

It sounds like Wilson’s is coming thumps up! I have worked it out that I will be saving £727.75 per month if he were to go to Wilson’s. Maybe, half of that will assure him of some extra music lessons, theatre trips etc

Few questions though, what do the abbreviations DS, DH, DD stand for? I thought they might be ‘Dear Son’, ‘Dear daughter’, but haven’t got a clue what DH would stand for.
PB Mum

Post by PB Mum »

Dear husband?(please wash up, I've bought it, cooked etc..)
PumpkinPrincess

Lol! Methinks there should be a shortlist somewhere for newcomers. Takes a while to figure it out. Any other short forms? Really makes quicker reading once you know...
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Hi there. Well, there's HTH (hope that helps) and IYSWIM (if you see what I mean) and a whole host of others. But you probably know those anyway.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Appeal Mum posted a list of abbreviations somewhere ages back.

I will start a new thread on this in "Everything Else".
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now