To anyone holding onto school places after acccepting indies

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

I think this is a great topic for a post! just thought i would comment to keep this post current :lol:
stardreamer

Post by stardreamer »

Ditto tiredmum!!
The deadline, to accept or decline, in Hertfordshire is today. I hope there is some good news for children on waiting lists tomorrow.
Does anyone know when you hear about bursaries?
xx
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

The deadine for Barnet was Monday 15th March. Let's hope those accepting indies will have declined their state places by now so that those places can be released and the lists can start moving.
Charl39
Cats12

Post by Cats12 »

Here's hoping Charl. Guess it depends whether Indies offered all their bursaries - anyone know when this is likely to be as Indies know grammar offers will have been made now?
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Charl39 just crossing fingers for you :D

It seem there has been a lot of movement in the schools lately and just wishing sending you my lucky. I have seen your agony so I hope it will be good news for you too. I am sure it will be and we can pop a bottle of champaigne or sherry if you prefer that 8)
Impossible is Nothing.
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

Thanks a million Cats12 and Sherry-d, great to have support through this agonising process. The lists do seem to be moving fairly quickly which is really encouraging. Our wait will be a bit longer as the school works to a different timetable to everyone else :( but we're hanging in there! :D

Good luck to anyone else waiting.
Charl39
Reader

Post by Reader »

How long do people on waiting lists have to accept or decline a place then if they are offered one? Do the schools just move on to the next person after a phone call if it is verbally declined or perhaps they wait for written confirmation? It might explain the different speeds of waiting list movement.
Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

From what I can gather most schools make a phone call and if it's a no they move on to the next person, and confirm in writing if it's a yes. Some schools are not starting the offering places process til just before/after Easter, for reasons only known to themselves. So these lists will not move for a while.

Hope that helps.
Charl39
Reader

Post by Reader »

Well at least Easter is around the corner! The HBS list has moved significantly so hopefully that will bring good luck for you and others. Is your DD under the 130 position?
WorriedSick

Post by WorriedSick »

Good thread! I'd like to keep it high up too. It will help so very many people.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now