To anyone holding onto school places after acccepting indies

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Suey12

Re: To anyone holding onto school places after acccepting in

Post by Suey12 »

Thanks so much Charl39 and Snowdrops, the one good thing about all this is that my DS is looking forward to going to his new school tomorrow (now there's a first ! :shock: ).

As for me, I'm still trying to do things that will ensure the Inde calls - bought the uniform, labelled the WHOLE lot, painted my toe nails bright blue (yes, I know, not very tasteful, but that's the whole point) and stuck a Walt Disney World antenna topper on my car. I could slowly become more and more outrageous as the weeks go by, look out family !!!! :lol: :lol: (the joke is that my friends probably wouldn't notice any difference in me :D !!!).

Once again, good luck and thoughts to all the newbies starting school soon xx
Suey12

Post by Suey12 »

Hello to everyone who has followed our journey...

I have made a decision to put all thoughts of our desired Inde to THE BACK OF THE CUPBOARD, out of sight, out of mind.

My DS has had a successful first week at his new (state) school and is enjoying himself, has made new friends, is enjoying the challenge of different subjects, and has already signed up for after-school clubs. He goes off quite happily every morning to catch the bus. This is a very new experience for me, as he never really enjoyed anything about his primary school! :D

I don't think we will ever hear from the Inde again so I've accepted that. :cry:

Thanks to everyone who has supported us during what has been a very stressful time! All your advice and thoughts have been a great help.

Good luck to anyone embarking on their own journey - I can't believe it's been a whole year since we started attending Open Evenings etc. I wish you all well. :D
alberttatlock

Post by alberttatlock »

Suey12 wrote:This is a very new experience for me, as he never really enjoyed anything about his primary school! :D

:D

If it was that bad you should have taken him elsewhere.......
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

You gave it your utmost, t'was all you could do Suey!

Glad to hear your ds is settling into his new school, you'll be amazed at how quickly he changes over the coming weeks and months!
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Thats really wonderful to hear Suey and very much an encouragement for us embarking on the journey. We may not get results we want but there is hope. I think its us parents who get disappointed than our little ones. It can only be up for your DC from now on. :D
Impossible is Nothing.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

alberttatlock wrote:
Suey12 wrote:This is a very new experience for me, as he never really enjoyed anything about his primary school! :D

:D

If it was that bad you should have taken him elsewhere.......

Its easy to be verbally flippant about such things but a much more serious matter to consider and carry out.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hi Suey - I am glad to hear that your DS has settled so quickly. Hopefully you can both relax and enjoy ...........

Have fun. :wink:
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

Suey12 wrote: I have made a decision to put all thoughts of our desired Inde to THE BACK OF THE CUPBOARD, out of sight, out of mind.
Hi Suey12. I've been following your posts because I was in a very similar situation two years ago. DD was put on the 'short waiting list' for our ideal school and, to cut a long story short, the waiting list never moved and she ended up somewhere else.

I didn't post because I didn't think it was a particularly encouraging example!

I completely empathise with your hanging on to hope right until the last minute, and I know just how painful it is to let go, but you are right to put it behind you now. It's best for your DS but also for you.

I knew I was over it when our indie contacted us just before Christmas of DD's year 8 to say a place was available. I didn't consider for a moment applying. DD is happy and settled where she is and has no desire to move.

It sounds as if your DS will do really well where he is. Good luck.
Maybelle

Post by Maybelle »

Hi Suey. So Very Glad your your DS has now settled so well. :D

Good Luck with whatever the future brings - and who knows you may end up like muffinmonster and decide that you have the very best choice school [for your DS] too. :D

M xx
Inside of every mother is a school girl wondering what the *ell just happened???