Turning down an offer from Tiffin Girls?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Thea wrote:Sherwood, something else that is different now (not trying to depress you further!) is that until recently (certainly in boys' schools, so presume also girls') there were quite big scholarship available - ie up to 100%, non- means tested.
This was true this time last year too and I had the same fears as you Sherwood but there are still many families for whom indep education is their first choice and they only put a GS at the time of application as a remote "back up".
If the school went well into the teens of the waiting list last year, I think they are going to get to number three.Don't forget the two families before you may well have accepted an indep place.

:D
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

Chelmsford mum wrote: Don't forget the two families before you may well have accepted an indep place. :D
I think I'll just assume that's what's happened! :wink: There are so many unknows at this point, I suppose I should just try to forget about it until there's a chance of finding out some facts.

Thanks so much for the good cheer!
londonmum

Post by londonmum »

Isnt it also that Tiffin keep the wait list until at least a couple of weeks into term.

Some people really wont show up.

In September a child in my daughter's indie started in September and then vanished for a week without explanation, only to return. Being cynical I wondered if they were trying out Tiffin for a week to make sure they were making the right, albeit more expensive, decision.

Number three sounds very good.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now