Wow - what a load of paperwork to send in one go!!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LazyDaisy

Re: Wow - what a load of paperwork to send in one go!!

Post by LazyDaisy »

Oh, forgot to add that some of the buses have the automatic announcement system and it actually says "Trinity School" so there is no way he can miss his stop! :lol:
nissi

Post by nissi »

Hello all you lovely members of the LBC :D
Just posting to wish all your DS's well. I feel quite nostalgic about it all now, but do have to start getting DS2 ready for Jan exams now...How about an LBC 2? :lol:
LazyDaisy

Post by LazyDaisy »

Hi nissi,
How lovely to hear from you!! :D Is your ds excited about starting St O's?

There will definitely be a LBC 2 as Mummyto3 will be suffering in Jan as well. I have stolen the Lucky LBC baton from the lovely folks in the Surrey section and am keeping it super-shiney for both of you. There is definitely another poster doing Jan but I've forgotten who - old age, you know! :? :? :?

Ds is a bit miffed that none of the boys in his class will be in his form at T. :(
nissi

Post by nissi »

Don't think your DS need worry about friends though LD- apparently even boys who know each other from primary school and end up in the same class tend to make different friendships very quickly when they get to secondary school!

Looking forward to recieving the baton and LBC2, though not relishing the task ahead at all :?
Do feel I am probably not as up fpr it with poor Ds2 as was with DS1. Not helped by the fact that he can't see the point of the fuss anyway :)

Hoping some potential LBC2 members keep posting. Need sopeople who understand my various frustrations :roll: :roll:
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Hi Nissi

Glad someone else is in the same boat as me!! Must admit. I am of course very stressed but slightly less so than last year (only slightly). DS2 is very laid back and changes his mind about leaving his Primary school early.

Would love him for him to get through but will just wait and see :o :o
nissi

Post by nissi »

Hi Mummyto3!
I wish I could say the same re the stress levels... DS2 is also very laid back, but for him it means he really can't be fussed to put the work in.
To be fair he isn't quite a bright as his brother and iIdo worry that I might be putting too much pressure on him.. .It's difficult to know what to do for the best. Our local schools are truly awful though, so I guess I am hoping that he'll get into a decent indie and suddenly develop a love of learning :oops: :oops:
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Nissi

We are definitely in the same boat! DS2 really wants to be the next Indiana Jones and have adventures around the world :D . He is a bright boy but not as bright as DS1 so I also am concerned that I am pressuring him :( .

Am just grateful that we have the LBC2 baton!!

Is your DS looking forward to St O's??
nissi

Post by nissi »

Mummyto3
DS1 very excited about St O's. Have had the uniform fitting, so all much more real now. He won't be able to go to the induction day cos he's away with the rest of his primary school class that week! We do get to go to the new parents evening though....

Just wish the whole thing was over. I hear the grammar schools are doing the exams in Sept this year, though I haven't investigated the details yet. I am terrified!! Don't even know if I should put DS2 through it :?
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Am just going for the T&W 10+ and see how he gets on :shock:
nissi

Post by nissi »

Kinda wish I'd done that Mummyto3- hindsight and all that :mrgreen: :twisted:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now