Wow - what a load of paperwork to send in one go!!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Alice Wonder

Re: Wow - what a load of paperwork to send in one go!!

Post by Alice Wonder »

Hi,

Just wondering if any of the LBC are nervous about their Ds starting big school in a couple of weeks.

My Ds is due to start Yr 6 at Whitgift. We had an emotional last week of primary school as Ds had been so happy there and was leaving his friends behind. I was a wreck and even though I know he is going to a wonderful school with amazing opportunities I couldn't stop the tears flowing, feeling rotten about breaking up his close friendships, and worrying if he will be as happy and secure at his new school.

I'm sure he will be fine but I cannot help but worry and can't get rid of the nagging doubt in the back of my mind that crops up. Have I done the right thing - then I tell myself pull yourself together he is a lucky boy and others would love to be in his position.

Has anyone else had any similar feelings or am I the only silly billy cry baby mummy on here
Cheshire Cat
LazyDaisy

Re: Wow - what a load of paperwork to send in one go!!

Post by LazyDaisy »

Hi Alice,

A few wobbles isn't surprising - it's a big step especially if your ds will be leaving his friends. Just concentrate on the fact that he will have a fab time at W!!! :D :D

Ds is pretty excited about starting T - but he is in the lucky position of knowing about a dozen or so boys in his year so it should (theoretically :? ) be a bit easier for him. He liked his form tutor too which should help! :D

Fingers crossed and let us know how he gets on!! :)

Daisy
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now