Trinity Interview

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Surreymum

Trinity Interview

Post by Surreymum »

My son has been invited for an interview at Trinity School Croydon. What sort of preparation do we need to do ?

Thanks
Surreymum

Trinity Interview - Croydon

Post by Surreymum »

We just came back from the interview, and here are some points for your consideration:

Duration: upto 1Hr

Format: You are welcomed into the school, your sons name ticked and then directed to the waiting room. Several Teachers will introduce themselves and offer you tea/coffee and your son orange juice and/or biscuits :)
A parent of one of the puplis is also present, she was very friendly, offering help and advice. Your sons name will be called out, at which point he will be led by a teacher. And now the worry begins...

Interview: My son was asked to read out one paragraph, from a poem and the rest to himself. He was asked (in his words) simple questions regarding the poem. (This being asked by the English Teacher)
Next the Maths teacher asked him a question on distance. A car travels 78mph, how much that it cover in 15 minutes. He was also asked about prime numbers, factors and other simple sums.
The teacher then moved onto the work he brought in, and asked several questions regarding that.
My son was also asked about the news, and what news items did he know that occurred this week (thank god, we covered this on the way to the interview in the car!) He was asked about his opinion on this.
He was lastly asked about his future aspirations.

My Interview: You will be introduced to the Headmaster, who will walk you to his room, and ask you to take a seat. He began by asking me if their were any questions I had, and which I asked. This is an opportunity to ask questions, but as I was nervous, I forgot to ask several! He then briefly explained the ethos of the school, and what is expected of each pupil.
Duration ~10 mins

You are then thanked and now we wait...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now